Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for pictures of the Alleycat Vest

Feedback Score

Looking for pictures of the Alleycat Vest

Hi guys, I am still on the look out for a low profile vest.

I have read about a vest called the Alleycat made by a gentleman here on the forums.

I am looking for photos of the vest in use, or on a person.

Thanks.

Geoffrey.

Feedback Score

Last edited by Hawkeye; 01-04-08 at 20:26.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Something looks very odd with that vest, just can't place it----------

It's not painted!

In all seriousness, source?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Where do you get this from? How much?

Feedback Score
    That rig is made by Mike D. He started me off sewing almost 15 years ago. He did prototype work for me off and on for years. I don’t know what Mikes up to lately. I heard from him a month or so ago but never heard back.

We make a rig similar to that called the MWRL. We have a few versions of it. The 1st is just pals so you can attach whatever you like to it., Then we make one with 4 mag pouches like the picture posted above in a 4 mag or 8 mag version. These rigs have adjustable removable lids so they can be used for both m4 and ak. We also make them with an integrated tear off med pouch on one side and pals on the other. Then the NSW version that has a tear off med pouch and an MBTR on the other side in place of where the pals is on the other versions. All of these chest rigs sit on a panell about 6.5" tall and about 24" wide. All of them have an internal Panel pocket with 2 12" strips of 1.5" elastic sewn with slots to carry and organize items inside the panel. The NSW version has the zipper terminated on one side for about 6 inches so you can slide pistol in there and has a bungee retention like what we use on our belt slide holster.

NSW version.

Pals on each side. This is a 4 mag version. The 8 mag version looks just like this.

Here is the modular version.

This is the version with the tear off med pouch. These are the same med pouches that we use for our tear off med pouch.

Here you can see the retention harness with the med pouch removed.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    John that is a great looking vest. It is good to see that it can be configured in a few different ways. Do you have any different mag retention options? I like the idea of having an open top mag carrier that still has a retention method, but a flap isn't a bad way to go. Good looking piece of kit. Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    The pockets are lined with loop velcro so you can add a tab of self adhesive velcro to the mags like Diz liked to do.

We can also make them with bugee over the top.

We can also add tabs of webbing between the mags so bungee can be ran across the front of them like in this picture of one of our bags.

Feedback Score
    As Mr. Willis said, Diz made this. It was an idea I came up with based off of one of his other rigs. We I got with him and this is the result. The idea was for a lightweight low pro rig. It has velcro in the mag pouches and kydex inserts can be put in. I have some that Diz did for mine. Sometimes I run them, but have found most of the time I prefer it without the inserts. Diz makes good stuff. I have been VERY happy with this rig.

Mr. Willis... glad you showed up here, I may be getting in touch with you soon about a couple of things I want.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Mike D was out here a couple of months ago--he was working on an interesting project for a client and had some cool new designs.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Hawkeye.

It looks great, and I think I may just go this route for my chest rig.

Does anyone else have pictures of this rig in use?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast