Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AAC SR5/SR7 release and reviews?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Of 2014.

Should one just give up waiting on these and just order what's already out? Are these really so cool that waiting an unacceptably long time is worth it?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Should one just give up waiting on these and just order what's already out? Are these really so cool that waiting an unacceptably long time is worth it?
    You cant even get whats already "available". My dealer has been waiting on word of a fairly large order of cans since February with no word from AAC on them. He's been trying to get a hold of a SDN-6 for me, but that is proving impossible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Sounds like he lied right to your face.

AAC sent out a memo saying no SR5 or SR7 until January 2013... Which really means Feb/March at the earliest.
    agreed silencertalk admin stated 6m to 1 year earliest

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Wait for SHOT, guys!

Sorry, hate when companies do this.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Changes?

Any Changes to the release date of these?

Feedback Score
    Mr. Silvers said they're not coming out any time soon, no plans to stop current production of the high-demand SDN-6. I was told at least a year away.

Sort of odd thing I saw the other day when I stopped by Virginia Arms, they had a mock/inert SR7 on display, and I saw the 90-tooth mount.

AAC has had these SR5/7 cans and 90T mounts on their website for several months already, and they've already provided display models to dealers, so it's odd that they've throttled back on the release of this new line. Then again, they won't be a major improvement over the current products in terms of performance. It seems like the tapered mount is the most significant functional change.

Feedback Score
    I heard speculation of a rumor through hearsay that the tapered mount didn't want to let go of a suppressor after heavy use in the field.

AAC thought they had a great thing in that design, but it seems that they did the right thing and went back to the drawing board even though they had a lot of time and money invested in promoting the 90T.
    aka, "TWANGnBANG"

Feedback Score
    I still think the 51T mount will prove to be a better mount.

Feedback Score
    I think it's more that they realized they can't even make enough of the cans they already offer...

Combined with the fact that they didn't win the latest SOCOM contract ( the 90T was submitted for that), so why rush it into production now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I think it's more that they realized they can't even make enough of the cans they already offer...
    I was surprised to find that VA Arms had Tirants in stock, as I was buying a Tirant 9 the other day when I was there. They said they will be getting more SDN-6s soon, at which point I'll be buying one of them as well.

They certainly seem to have plenty of demand for the Tirants, M4-2K and SDN-6. If they can continue to thrive on proven products, then I'm all for holding off on a new line in favor of known quantities. I was initially concerned about buying into a product that might be obsolete by the time I receive it, but I've since come to the conclusion that we're not facing that sort of thing now with the SR7.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast