Thread: Remington 870 "Robar Elite"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Remington 870 "Robar Elite"

Hey guys,

Just purchased this Remington 870 "Robar Elite" from a member here. I will post some pictures of the boom stick and the patterns I got.

This shotgun will be for police duty use and for home defense. I like the stock set with this shotgun as it is wood that has been custom formed and finished by Robar.

I am looking for suggestions with light, sling, and stock options.. To go pistol grip or no.

By the way, the upgrades to the weapon are

*Robar super deluxe ghost ring sight installation

*Cut & Crown barrel @ 18 1/2”

*Back bore barrel

*Lengthen forcing cone

*Smooth action

*Install large button safety

*Smoothing of trigger action

*Custom magazine tube extension

*Install high visibility magazine follower

*Install Pachmayr “Decelerator” recoil pad@ 1” shorter than factory L.O.P.

*Robar “non-slip” texture to pistol grip and forend

*Supply & Install side saddle shell holder

*Install sling swivel stud to buttstock

*Test fire & sight-in @ 25yds

*Roguard/NP3 metal finish complete

*Polymax finish stock black

Those patterns are from my duty ammunition.

Federal "Tactical" LE132 00 Buckshot 9 - Pellets 00 Buck
    with FliteControl Wad.

Thanks for looking and your response.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice looking gun. Those are some pretty nice patterns you have there. How does it do with slugs? I think if you're going to use a light look for a Surefire fore end, I see them every now and then for cheap.

As far as pistol grips go I can't say I have a preferance one way or the other. I'm not a big fan of the M4 style adjustable stocks but others are. On my personal gun I have a Sage TS870. If it is for patrol use you may want to look at one of the short Davis stocks if you want a pistol grip.

How much did that thing run if you don't mind?
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayoneone View Post
    Nice looking gun. Those are some pretty nice patterns you have there. How does it do with slugs? I think if you're going to use a light look for a Surefire fore end, I see them every now and then for cheap.

As far as pistol grips go I can't say I have a preferance one way or the other. I'm not a big fan of the M4 style adjustable stocks but others are. On my personal gun I have a Sage TS870. If it is for patrol use you may want to look at one of the short Davis stocks if you want a pistol grip.

How much did that thing run if you don't mind?
    Thanks! Yea, the forend I am not sure about. The forend on there now is really nice and it's wood that's been customized. So I am leaning towards Elzetta ZSM and light, but the Surefire is not out of the question.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yea, not sure what happened... Pattern stringed out on me once at 15 yards... big difference between it and the 10 yards. However, I am happy with that 25 yards group... That's pretty much all center mass hits. I'd prolly do a slug select at that range though unless backdrop wasn't a factor, but on patrol, it's always a factor. However, those 10-25 yard groups are nice considering my friends stock 870. His opens insanely between 15 and 20 yards. His 15 yard groups look about like my 25.