Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marpat or Multicam

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Marpat or Multicam

Looking to purchase some good camo for bow season coming up. Where is a good place to find Marpat or Multicam bdu? Looking for a good quality set.

Feedback Score
    What are you hunting? I'm no scientist, but my understanding is that what animals see and what humans see are significantly different. What hides you from one may not hide you from the other.

The patterns you asked about were engineered to hide you from people. That would seem a little dangerous for hunting purposes. I would focus more on camo specifically designed for hunting. Realtree, optifade, mossy oak, etc. There are patterns geared toward the terrain and the animal.
    Last edited by El Cid; 04-23-12 at 10:46.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    The patterns you asked about were engineered to hide you from people. That would seem a little dangerous for hunting purposes. I would focus more on camo specifically designed for hunting. Realtree, optifade, mossy oak, etc. There are patterns geared toward the terrain and the animal.
    This is probably really, really good advice but you should be able to find Marpat and Multicam from someplace like US Cavalry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I would focus more on camo specifically designed for hunting. Realtree, optifade, mossy oak, etc. There are patterns geared toward the terrain and the animal.
    Having hunted hard for the last 18 years, I would have to agree with this. I have used many different types of cammo to hunt everything from ducks and geese to deer, elk, antelope, moose, bears, coyotes etc. Most of the big game animals I have taken in close with a bow, and some with a muzzle loader, so I have seen the importance of good camo to get in close.

That being said, I can say the best camo HANDS DOWN for bow hunting, in my opinion, is the leafy wear type cammo. This camo breaks up your silhouette much better than normal camo, and I have consistently gotten much closer to animals with this camo than any others. If you really want good hunting camo (especially for bowhunting), I would try this type of cammo.

http://www.leafycamo.com/field_lite.html

Cabelas usually has a good selection of leafy camo. Hope that helps!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not a bow hunter but I wear multicam coyote or turkey hunting.

ETA; works well in the desert southwest at least.
    Last edited by Packman73; 04-23-12 at 16:31.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I've never worn MARPAT bowhunting, but I did wear a multicam.

In central Vermont (late october), I had a button walk right up to me while I stood (on the ground) in a treeline right around legal light. I was wearing scent control. He spooked when I moved. I didn't take the shot but it would have been the easiest shot I ever had.

Better camo is always better camo, but people tend to overthink it a lot of the time, whole generations of bowhunters wore nothing but plaid shirts and did just fine hunting from the ground.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mostly I bowhunt for whitetail and will be in a tree. Around 20'-30' up. I would like to use it also in the spring for turkey. The leafy I would be afraid of affecting the string.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner70 View Post
    Mostly I bowhunt for whitetail and will be in a tree. Around 20'-30' up. I would like to use it also in the spring for turkey. The leafy I would be afraid of affecting the string.
    I wear an arm guard and it's never been a problem. If you're gonna be high up in a tree I don't think the cammo pattern matters as much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner70 View Post
    That far off the ground I would think your lack of movement is more important than camo. Either would work.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    multicam with there digital color fading seems to work the best on people and animals from my experience.
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast