Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marpat or Multicam

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Last edited by TangoSauce; 04-27-12 at 10:38.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Personally, the Bunny Camo in a tree stand would be a lock. Bambi and Bugs are pretty tight. Take advantage of that.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Have to say after spending more than twenty plus years in the hunting industry that I am sick of camo. From the original Tree Bark to the NEW Mossy this or Real that it’s mainly marketing! It’s about making what you think would look good and not your game. We even reduce the camo pattern on hard goods like rifles and bows because it looks better to our eye and has more shelf appeal.

The number of pattern and the fact that it’s on everything from boots to underwear is an entire industry. Don’t really recall Fred Bear having an issue. Seems I see a lot of pictures taken with guys also wearing Woolrich red and black plaid. Hmmmm

I believe it is about being stealth, knowing the wind and keeping your scent down. Tree stand is also a huge plus!

After owning more camo than I would like I am going to start using Cabalas’ Outfitter camo. It’s like an old woodland pattern only in lighter natural colors. The shapes in it are big and work well when in a stand and silhouetted from the sky. Especially once the leaves are off. As mentioned work on breaking up your shape more than trying to make a fashion statement.

I am also going to explore MultiCam a little more in the hunting woods especially since they a have new version out that has more greens in it. I believe this pattern will be death to turkeys!

Try these guys for more of the military patterns
    http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/index.html

Feedback Score
    Barre Army Navy in Vermont has excellent prices and service. they sell online.

Propper makes the better quality uniform clothing than Tru-Spec IMO. worth the slighty higher price. all seams are double stitched.

As for pattern it seems like Multicam is the game to beat, but the new ATACS green pattern would be good too. It reminds me of the old german WWII "Splinter" pattern which is also a great scheme if you can find any.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun;1293489

Try these guys for more of the military patterns
    [url
    http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/index.html[/url]
    I get all my camo from this guy. I forgot his name (Kevin? I can't remember names for the life of me) but he made an execption for me to do will-call on a few occasions and one time gave my young son and I a tour of a few of his military trucks. He's got quite the collection. Even started a couple up for us. NICE guy.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I started using Multicam for turkey this season and really like it. It matches the area I hunt very well. I haven't seen the Marpat to try it. However right now I'm set of the Multicam for spring turkey

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    I've never worn MARPAT bowhunting, but I did wear a multicam.

In central Vermont (late october), I had a button walk right up to me while I stood (on the ground) in a treeline right around legal light. I was wearing scent control. He spooked when I moved. I didn't take the shot but it would have been the easiest shot I ever had.

Better camo is always better camo, but people tend to overthink it a lot of the time, whole generations of bowhunters wore nothing but plaid shirts and did just fine hunting from the ground.
    So that was You in my backyard!

Again in my back yard. Barre Army Navy is a few miles from my house. Good people. Always very helpful when I need something. Most of their business is internet based now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post
    Barre Army Navy in Vermont has excellent prices and service. they sell online.

Propper makes the better quality uniform clothing than Tru-Spec IMO. worth the slighty higher price. all seams are double stitched.

As for pattern it seems like Multicam is the game to beat, but the new ATACS green pattern would be good too. It reminds me of the old german WWII "Splinter" pattern which is also a great scheme if you can find any.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 04-29-12 at 21:12.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think the multicam from what I have gathered from alot of people is really working for spring turkey hunting. From others I've gathered that the ATAC with the light and shade colors for tree stands hunts really blends with your oaks and sky line views.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12