Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand New M50 Joint Service Gas Masks Available

Feedback Score

Brand New M50 Joint Service Gas Masks Available

For those interested, this site has the lowest prices I've found for the new joint service M50 gas mask. Brand new...not surplus with expired components or filters, or stolen from the military.

Just bought two...great service and masks arrived in pristine condition seal in plastic from the factory... They are a lot of money, but still a better value than buying some imported (or used) piece of junk that probably won't even work when you need it. Breathing resistance and FOV is MUCH better than the old M40 I used in the Corps.

http://www.AGTtactical.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Holy hell those are expensive.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    yeah, but if you are actually concerned with possible CBR attack, you'd sleep a lot better at night with one of those than some $10 dry-rotted Israeli surplus piece of shit.

Not to mention the "civilian civil defense" type masks, even assuming they aren't so outdated they don't work, are a hell of a lot more work to breathe in.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That's gangster.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We switched from the M17(not even the A1s) to the C-50 version of these at work. Talk about a beautiful mask, although at that price I'm glad mines provided for me!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Great product and thanks for the link, but I'm under the impression that a long-term CBRN event would more than likely be unsurvivable in the long term, (Or at least not what I would call surviving)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alienb1212 View Post
    Holy hell those are expensive.
    +1

Hot damn

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Masks are nice items to own once every other aspect of your prep's are covered and completed. Odds are very slim that unless you live near a manufacturing or storage facility of said hazards your money is better spent on the basics of survival first.

Lower cost masks which offers comparable protection are available to the smart shopper.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    Masks are nice items to own once every other aspect of your prep's are covered and completed. Odds are very slim that unless you live near a manufacturing or storage facility of said hazards your money is better spent on the basics of survival first.

Lower cost masks which offers comparable protection are available to the smart shopper.
    No one is advocating ignoring other preps. I agree that gas masks should be part of a well thought out overall prep plan. In regards cheaper masks offering comparable protection, apparently the entire US military including the Corps does not agree with your assessment. Buying a cheap mask to save a few bucks is the height of folly...anyone wanting a mask clearly believes they may need it. And if the time comes when they do need it, they surely are not going to want a second rate mask.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post

I'll agree with this. After looking the only real advantage of this over the current issue mask, (M42?) is you can install two filters in the M50 that will make it a little easier to breathe. Regular promasks being $200, and this being $600 does not seem like a good buy to me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast