Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shreveport/Bossier Area

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Trigger time and FUN with Guns

Ok, I know not many people troll this particular regional group but I feel obligated to make this post. Today, Evil Colt 6920 and myself met up at Long Range Alley Gun Club about 20 miles south of Shreveport. This was my first trip and I was impressed, the range was laid out well and accomadated nearly every type and form of shooter. With 14 seperate pistol/rifle ranges and an Assault deck, it had it all. I have been in town for about two years now and until recently had never heard a single word about this place. Kevin "Evil Colt" is a stand up guy, he even let me put about 100 rounds downrange with his Glock
    ...........Now to decide to join or not...........some pics below.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thank you for the kind words It was my pleasure to have a "like minded" person like yourself to join in the fun with me I think we had a pretty good first range day. Im already browsing through different carbine drills for our next outing

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Agreed. Order is needed

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IYAAYASwarrior View Post
    Agreed. Order is needed
    Yes indeed! If you come across any drills you want to run next time lemme know... Ill try to have a shot timer by then.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here are a few drills that use the same amount of targets(3) with similiar orientation. The less time we spend setting up/moving targets around the more shooting we can do. Of course variety is good and we can move targets around but we might as well shoot a few different drills each time we have to setup.

2x2x2
    El Presidente
    1 through 5
    triple threat

Anyone have anything add? Id like to have a good plan for our next range session so if anyone has suggestions/drills for making the best of our time your input is appreciated
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like them all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So I have been debating on buying a Glock 17 from a buddy of mine, it's a first gen model. He told me he has put about 1500-2000 through it and installed a 3 lb trigger and it shoots like butter. I am gonna head to Bodcau range with him on Sunday to put my hands on it and depending on the overall shape I might make him an offer for it. He said he would let it go for about 500 with 5 mags some ammo, and a holster. You think that is a fair price? Let me know what you guys think? Fair price or rediculous?

EDIT: So I went and shot this thing and it ran like a champ! Still not certain what I am gonna do. Glock offers a pretty decent deal to Military and I might look in to the details.
    Last edited by IYAAYASwarrior; 05-13-12 at 22:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Put some XTM Panels on the hand-guard...went with FDE to break it up a little...what do ya think?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks good. A another friend of mine just did the sane thing.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Its about time we had another range day I plan to go sometime next week. Anyone care to join me? Lemme know what day(s) work best.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast