Thread: Night Vision to go with new CompM4

Feedback Score

Night Vision to go with new CompM4

Any suggestions on a Night Vision to go with a Aimpoint CompM4 I just put on a Colt Sporter Comp, HBAR?

Howard

Feedback Score
    The PVS-14 is an excellent value. It can be weapon mounted, head mounted, or even hand held.

It's shown here in a LT-133 high mount, behind an LT-659 mounted Comp M4. They line up perfectly.

Fingar

Feedback Score

Thanks M.

Would you say the N-vision GT 14 in 3rd Gen would be comparable? n-vision has a GT 14RM mount that they say lines up with EOtech or Aimpoint on a picatinny 1913 the same way. I'm new to NV so don't know the quality difference between companies--if any.

Feedback Score
    I've yet to sample the GT-14, it looks to have a common mount interface as the MUM.

You might want to call Vic, as you go forward...he's the guy with all the NVG answers (IMHO). http://www.tacticalnightvision.com/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    +1 on Vic

He is who I bought my PVS 14 through. I would recommend you buy from him as he will shoot you straight. For a good quailty Gen III device, you are going to pay big bucks; but once you get it, you will wonder why in the hell you haven't already bought one.

IMHO, you will be better off using the NOD with a rail mounted laser, as looking through an Aimpoint with the 14 is not the best setup. I have used mine with an Eotech and Aimpoint, and the Eotech has a better FOV, but to me the Aimpoint is a better optic.

Beware, the NOD bug is a nasty beast. The 14 is just the beginning, then you will need a helmet, laser, illuminator...........................; but it is worth it.

Feedback Score
    "NASTY BEAST" INDEED!

Then you step up to magnified NV, here is one of Vic's scopes (D-760 GenIII), and of course nothing goes with NV like a suppressor.

Warning, if you go this route your friends and relatives will really worry about you.

Feedback Score
    Great stuff guys. Thanks for getting me sighted in the right direction. Kick ass looking black rifles.

"Warning, if you go this route your friends and relatives will really worry about you". That is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Feedback Score
    Howard,
    I have used the GT-14 and it is a good piece of kit. They buy their GenIII tubes from ITT.

S/F

Feedback Score
    FBJ
    Thanks, if the tubes are from ITT I'm good. So I just ordered one. Will post how it lines up using their GT 14RM mount and the CompM4 with supplied 3/8 inch spacer.