Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My S&W 19-4

Feedback Score
    FN, I am envious, sir.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
    FN, I am envious, sir.
    Just wanted to "out" myself as a crazy S&W revolver collector and lover. No intentions other than that.

I'm a member of the S&W Collectors Assoc. You should see what a few of those fellows have!! Literally lifetimes of buying and trading into the BEST of the best. Collections where every other gun displayed is knockout perfect, rare, one of a kind, owned by someone famous, etc.

I've got maybe two dozen truly rare or desireable variations in the 80 or so. About 1/3 of the rest are shooters, the other simply new or like new examples of various models. My collection runs from WW2 to 1990 or so. Not much after that. I enjoy the hunt for the boxes, manuals, accy's and of course the guns themselves.
    Keeps me off the streets at night.

FN in MT
    Last edited by FN in MT; 04-30-12 at 11:33.

Feedback Score
    Cool. I use the same 6" 19-4 in ICORE but with Uncle Mike's round butt grips that I modified for the square butt frame. I find the target trigger a hindrance though for that kind of match.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FN in MT View Post
    Just wanted to "out" myself as a crazy S&W revolver collector and lover. No intentions other than that.

I'm a member of the S&W Collectors Assoc. You should see what a few of those fellows have!! Literally lifetimes of buying and trading into the BEST of the best. Collections where every other gun displayed is knockout perfect, rare, one of a kind, owned by someone famous, etc.

I've got maybe two dozen truly rare or desireable variations in the 80 or so. About 1/3 of the rest are shooters, the other simply new or like new examples of various models. My collection runs from WW2 to 1990 or so. Not much after that. I enjoy the hunt for the boxes, manuals, accy's and of course the guns themselves.
    Keeps me off the streets at night.

FN in MT
    I have a small collection of S&W revolvers that I have accumulated over the past 35 years. My first duty weapon was a 4 inch model 66. I carried that revolver (and a model 60 back-up) for 16 years until we went to the Glock 31/33 (my current service weapon(s)). I have purchased ten S&W revolvers over the years, traded for two more. I have never sold one .

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Great Stories guys, keep 'em coming

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMTOM View Post

Looks like the slot for the overtravel stop is vacant.

Feedback Score

Speaking of M-66's

Small run S&W made for the MT Hwy Patrolmans Association in 1979. These were simply standard 66's with the addition of the shoulder patch on the sideplate, and some roll engraving on the barrel. The total run was 213 guns.

Bought the gun used, in the correct box, but lacking the proper grips. I was later able to find a set of the proper "presentation" grips with the cutout allowing the patch on the sideplate to be shown.

Paid half as much for the proper grips this past year...as I did for the GUN in 1981 or so. The insanity of collecting.

FN in MT
    Last edited by FN in MT; 05-01-12 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    Looks like the slot for the overtravel stop is vacant.
    Many agencies either ordered the guns without the trigger stop or removed them all. With Magnum loads some would cause the screw that holds it in the frame to come loose and allow the stop to rotate and block the trigger. We removed all of ours at my old agency.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Since this is show and tell, I'll show and tell about mine...I bought it from a former co-worker who carried it on-duty at an agency that he'd retired from. Considering it's history, it's in remarkable condition and he gave me a deal on it that I couldn't pass up. I've got the original grips for it also but one day it will wear a nice set of Herrett stocks. And yes, it does need to be cleaned
    Last edited by Drummer; 05-01-12 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FN in MT View Post

Small run S&W made for the MT Hwy Patrolmans Association in 1979. These were simply standard 66's with the addition of the shoulder patch on the sideplate, and some roll engraving on the barrel. The total run was 213 guns.

Bought the gun used, in the correct box, but lacking the proper grips. I was later able to find a set of the proper "presentation" grips with the cutout allowing the patch on the sideplate to be shown.

Paid half as much for the proper grips this past year...as I did for the GUN in 1981 or so. The insanity of collecting.

FN in MT
    My agency did a commemorative in 1995 to mark the 100th anniversary of the agency. The revolver selected was the S&W 586 4 inch. They were blued by the custom shop, and had gold leaf lettering on the barrel and sideplate marking the anniversary. My name and radio number are engraved in the right side plate. I believe they made 1,000 total, with 600 set aside for agency personnel. It is the only S&W I own that has never been fired, never had the cylinder opened. It rests in the safe in it's oak presentation box.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast