Thread: Tactical Pistol; LaCrosse, WI area

Feedback Score

Tactical Pistol; LaCrosse, WI area

Tactical Pistol

Course Duration: 10 Hours
    Skill Level: Intermediate

This intense program focuses on developing the required skills necessary to safely deploy a combat pistol during tactical operations and personal defense applications. This course covers the tactical use of the common combat pistols, and prepares you mentally for that deadly force encounter. Students that successfully pass this course will be able to perform at top levels of achievement in Law Enforcement Academies and all branches of the Military. This course assumes that you already have a basic understanding of your weapon including how to field strip it, clean it, and basic functionality.

30% Classroom
    70% Range

During this course we will review the fundamentals of pistol safety and marksmanship, and cover topics such as pistol presentation, malfunction clearance, legal aspects of the use of deadly force, anatomical stopping power of different rounds, mental conditioning for deadly force encounter, movement and communication drills, shooting on the move, shooting on the move, use of cover and concealment, tactical loading/reloading techniques, threat and multi-threat assessment, multiple target engagement, controlled pairs, shooting through different mediums, and shooting positions. The course will be concluded with a shooting qualifications course.

Course Requirements:
    Pistol (Any caliber)
    3 pistol magazines
    Holster (drop leg or hip, NO cross draw holsters allowed)
    Body armor (optional)
    Chest rig or magazine pouches
    Elbow and knee pads (optional but highly recommended)
    Cleaning kit
    Eye and ear protection
    Baseball cap

Weapon Requirements
    Weapon 1: Pistol
    Ammunition: 500 Rounds
    Round Size: .380 - 45 ACP

Date: May 19, 2012

Time: 0800 - 1800

Cost: $150

970 Sportsmen's Valley Rd
    La Crescent, Minnesota 55947

Feedback Score
    This looks like a good time, I was stationed up at Fort McCoy in 2009 and 2010 and would of loved to do something like this when I was up there.

I will send this info to some guys upthere and they will pass the word.
    RIP Robert Gore- RIP Amos Nelson WIA BJ Jackson- 186 MP Company
    \Iraq 03-04/
    \Iraq 07-08/
    Everyone exists...some people live

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the pass-on. Let the guys know to visit out webpage, www.greatrivertactical.com to see our instructor bios.

We aim to not only train hard, but have fun doing.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Any chance of a course similar to this being provided again any time soon? I'm in the TC and wish I would have found this thread sooner.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BravoHotel,

Keep an eye out at the new Mills Fleet Farm indoor shooting range Baxter. We will be offering handgun and carbine courses. Look for us at the Mills Indoor Shooting Range online or on Facebook.

Mike
    Training Director
    Learning Firearms
    www.learningfirearms.com