I'll open by quoting Dano
My primary suggestion, if you want to spend your time developing as a warrior, would be to raise your right hand and join an institution (with a rigerous selection process) which has the core function of producing top level combatants... not spend your money on feel good day camps.

If your present station in life doesn't permit such a leap, find a well vetted instructor to teach you the technical skills: midsouth, rogers, or the 3gun guys, etc. Later integrate "tactical" instruction with an *Operationally Proven* instructor.
One of my big pet peeve's with Instructors pimping themselves on the net, comes down to the old adage those who can't do, teach...
Nothing specifically against Gabe, but in this day and age where we have troops in contact 24/7, there are hundreds of SOF soldiers with a solid background in both the technical and tactical aspects of gunfighting and have put it into place in the real world. I'm not meaning a slight against the Big Army troops or Navy and AF personnel who have been in harms way -- however their is a big disparity in the skill sets by and large.

When I select and instrcutor for classes I take, or teammates take - the Instructor has to have 1) Proven Operational Experience 2) Techincal Knowledged of weapon employment 3) Tactical Employment.

I get really cheesed off when instructods are marketing a "GunFighting" class without having the above three. I take my job very seriously, and training is an aspect of the job. As far as instructor credentials - any use of force situation, even ones that are clear shoot scenarios can have civil liability issues due to the differences in the doubt needed to prove/try a case.

I agree somewhat with Gabe that everyone has skeletons (some real that the flesh is still flaking off), however there is a difference from known and unk, proven and unproven. I dont bear him any ill will, all the power to him to market himself, I just encourage all our readers to do their best due dillegence before comitting to training, and that is with any instructor.

-Kev