Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Professional or Wilson CQB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Springfield Professional or Wilson CQB

Excluding any price difference, is there a compelling reason to go with one over the other? (Non-railed version)

(By Professional, I mean the Custom Shop Professional - not a TRP.)

Would also be interested in hearing about extended reliability in dirty conditions. I wonder about that with the Professional.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Race; 05-01-12 at 14:46.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    What's your intended use? I want to make sure I inform you to buy a Glock or M&P first and use the rest of the money to buy ammo and training.....lol. and before I get railroaded I shoot Glocks M&Ps and 1911s and will carry both a 1911 and Glock....

Now that we have that out of the way, You are familiar with the testing that the pro went through for the fee bees right?

Toss a coin brother. Both are outstanding guns backed by the best CS in the industry. The Pro "may" carry a slight edge on collector value but that's debatable...only the dea, FBI, hrt marked guns are probably truly collectible.

DockGR highly endorses the pro along with others, LAV says great things about Wilson.

My opinion pales in comparison to both of theirs....

My dad just picked up a cqb elite and it is a very very nice gun, I have a pro rail gun on order so again flip a coin.

ETA. You could also order a SA custom carry from the custom shop, wait isn't too bad either. If you order new from Wilson or SA for either cqb or pro you are looking at well over a year or...find one for sale from a dustributor and pay more than retail.
    Last edited by rushca01; 05-01-12 at 15:10.

Feedback Score
    i've owned alot of 1911s from baer, wilson, NH, brown, etc.

I actually have the pleasure of owning both the SA Pro and Wilson CQB. Both is a tossup in accuracy both in terms of finish and refinement the wilson wins hands down.

The SA custom carry is also nice because it's one hell of a pistol to start a project on.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If Wilson's CQB is the closest to what you really want (be extremely picky, these are all very nice 1911's), then go with it.

Another silly thing worth considering is buying one used - both are extremely reliable and wear well, and that leaves budget room for added custom work if that's what you want. I wound up with a NH 10-8, and found a deal on a LB TRS that is now nearly identical - sometimes for the money you can modify something that's 98% there and still be ahead.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Ive owned a CQab, but my dream 1911 is the Professional

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If u go Wilson specify all Bullet Proof internals.

It will cost you but I don't think you'd find a nicer fighting gun if assembled correctly.
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Owned and looked thru some Pro's and would probably have to go with Wilson on this one. Not that I have experience with Wilson, but I doubt it would have the issues each Pro had. And yes this was within the last two years.

I am a SA fan. It is a great base pistol. I have a GI thru the custom shop that I love and a MilSpec that was done over by another smith. Both of those are awesome tools, thus buying a Milspec and having it worked up thru CS is a better deal over Pro, IMHO. You get exactly what you want done and alot sooner most likely.

This is unless, you want to sell it later then the Pro has its hardcore followers and resale value.
    Last edited by lordofbarbeque; 05-01-12 at 21:49.

Feedback Score
    you going with a light rail?

if not then maybe consider a les baer TRS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofbarbeque View Post
    Owned and looked thru some Pro's and would probably have to go with Wilson on this one. Not that I have experience with Wilson, but I doubt it would have the issues each Pro had. And yes this was within the last two years.

I am a SA fan. It is a great base pistol. I have a GI thru the custom shop that I love and a MilSpec that was done over by another smith. Both of those are awesome tools, thus buying a Milspec and having it worked up thru CS is a better deal over Pro, IMHO. You get exactly what you want done and alot sooner most likely.

This is unless, you want to sell it later then the Pro has its hardcore followers and resale value.
    What issues did you have. I've heard very few issues with the Pros.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would be curious to hear the issues as well. I have over 4K through my Pro Operator and not a single hiccup

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast