Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Guns and Only Two Guns.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Two Guns and Only Two Guns.

This has been discussed in the past but we have a lot of new faces and I think a revisit can add some new opinions.

For what ever reason (You can Imagine whatever) you can only own two guns and only two guns which you can financially afford and legally own. These two guns have to cover all of your CCW, hunting, home defense and bug-out needs.

No caliber conversion kits but same caliber replacement barrels which are no tool in the field replaceable are ok.

Have at it and please list the reasons for you choices.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My choices not because I think their the best, but well suited..(remember it was a Samurai that made the sword not the other way around)
    1Glock, because has the most readily available parts and most are interchangable. 9mm would be the safe bet as is most common.
    2AR, 69gr will put down alot of game animals may have to tap em twice to get their full attention(not the best), but has been done.
    then pop in 55gr clip for 3100 fps of personal defence.

close call for shotgun as well slugs/heavy game/light game, all on same side saddle.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    Glock 23 and an AR.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quality AR and a Glock 19

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ar in 5.56
    Glock 9mm

What more do you need?

Feedback Score
    ^^^^^ EOT.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    AR15 middy or M4 configuration. Third or second generation Glock 19 or 17.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Two guns is not nearly enough... at least for me.

A quality 9mm pistol is a pretty obvious choice. I'm partial to the M&P or glock.
    Reasonable ammo cost and exceptionally common so it's easy to find.

After that it gets hard. At least for me.
    22 lr is a great small game round and I've heard tell of taking deer and black bear (eye shots within 50 yards) from some of the old timers.
    5.56 will do the trick in smaller and medium game but it pretty much decimates little critters. But it's also a far sight more useful than .22lr on two legged vermin.
    12 or 20g with a set of chokes and a slug barrel gets you good small game/bird coverage as well as larger game with slugs so it would be pretty handy, too.

Tough choices on that second gun...

But I think that the versatility of the AR platform in 5.56 would reign supreme.

(can I have my custom air pistol that puts out .177 pellets at 800 fps for squirrels, rabbits and birds? Here in VA it's not considered a firearm... )

It's best to blame my misspelled words on autocorrect.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    My choices not because I think their the best, but well suited..(remember it was a Samurai that made the sword not the other way around)
    1Glock, because has the most readily available parts and most are interchangable. 9mm would be the safe bet as is most common.
    2AR, 69gr will put down alot of game animals may have to tap em twice to get their full attention(not the best), but has been done.
    then pop in 55gr clip for 3100 fps of personal defence.

close call for shotgun as well slugs/heavy game/light game, all on same side saddle.
    Don't get too angry with me OP but i'm about to cheat as far as cal.conv. Still stickn with original 2 but the reason I really like (as in have in my own BOB) this set up is I have 22lr drop in for AR, and have glock 23(G3) so the 40 to 9mm drop in barrel also makes since. So with 2 weapons I have 4 cals covered. Once again sorry for strayn off, but really think that this a great setup worth considering.
    Last edited by lunchbox; 05-01-12 at 21:01. Reason: can't spell
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Ok since we haven't been told air support isn't authorized....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_AC-130

but I guess to follow the rules I would have my support team switch between the 25mm, 40mm, or 105mm ,and only use one, as mission determined.

And then I would have an AR.

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast