Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finishing touches on my Ed Brown SF

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I ordered my EB Executive Carry through a "preferred dealer" and deleted roll marks were a no-cost option. I did have to wait 2 months though. I also got the Gen 3 coating like the Special Forces models have. I like the thin Alumagrips for carry. My gun had feed issues for a while until a conversation with Brown and some trial and error determined that this particular Commander likes a 22 pound recoil spring. Since then failure rate has been around 1/4 percent for 6000 rounds. I still lack a full-sized 1911, but when I get one it will likely be another Brown.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedpoet View Post
    I ordered my EB Executive Carry through a "preferred dealer" and deleted roll marks were a no-cost option. I did have to wait 2 months though. I also got the Gen 3 coating like the Special Forces models have. I like the thin Alumagrips for carry. My gun had feed issues for a while until a conversation with Brown and some trial and error determined that this particular Commander likes a 22 pound recoil spring. Since then failure rate has been around 1/4 percent for 6000 rounds. I still lack a full-sized 1911, but when I get one it will likely be another Brown.
    Very, very nice EB.
    Mind passing along the Dealer info and/or a web link?

Thanks,
    ~tp

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Very, very nice EB.
    Mind passing along the Dealer info and/or a web link?

Thanks,
    ~tp
    Sending you a PM so as to supplement shark's thread without cluttering it.

Feedback Score
    I love my SF.

I've shot a bunch of regular-to-decent (Kimber level) 1911s but the more I dry fire this Ed Brown the more I like it. There are a host of little things that add up to make the pistol easy to handle and shoot.

The super-high grip safety is just one of them.

(Is that the trigger adjustment hole that wore up my trigger finger??? I am gonna take a bit of Emory cloth to it and smooth that sucker out)

I too want to swap out the grips for something with more bite. I have a trade in the works for some black Gunner Grips that will hopefully take care of that.

Great gun!
    Keep your powder dry.

M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I am a tactical marketing professional. PM for details.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yep, that hole is my #1 complaint with that gun. Tears my finger up.

I filed/knicked/sanded/dremeled it down a bit myself.

Much prefer the 10-8 style trigger with no screw hole though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Yep, that hole is my #1 complaint with that gun. Tears my finger up.

I filed/knicked/sanded/dremeled it down a bit myself.

Much prefer the 10-8 style trigger with no screw hole though.
    How's your SF been running for you since your review? have you had the chance to put it up against RRA or NH? (Apologies if you did and I missed it; I'm only 4 pages into your near-epic comparison now )
    Keep your powder dry.

M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I am a tactical marketing professional. PM for details.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I haven't fired a 1911 at all in almost a year. I've been shooting the Glock (horribly, I might add) this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12