Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: First look, Storm Lake Fitted barrels for S&W M&P!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Included!

C4
    Nice. It'll be fun to see how it groups. Can't wait to see the outcome.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That looks good but it sure raises the cost of getting a M&P 9 shooting right...

IMHO, S&W should send everyone affected properly made barrels.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djegators View Post
    Very nice...add that along with the APEX and the polish job, looks like you can have one heck of a pistol.
    Yep.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    That looks good but it sure raises the cost of getting a M&P 9 shooting right...

IMHO, S&W should send everyone affected properly made barrels.
    I guess so, but if you look at the total cost VS the competition, it actually gives you a better gun.

For instance, a GEN 4 Glock is $550. Assuming that it runs (big assumption there), it will typically shoot 3-4" groups. The M&P can be had for around $450. Add a $200 dollar (fitted) barrel and now you have a gun that will shoot 1.0-2.5" groups. In order to get my Glock to do that, I will have to buy a fitted barrel as well (which is going to be $200-$250). So now the Gen 4 Glock is $750-$800 to shoot the same groups.

In regards to the S&W barrels not being made "properly" I don't know that I would agree with that. While SOME of them don't shoot as well as a SMALL percentage of us would like, they have never lost a LE contract because of accuracy. Since LE contracts is what it is all about, we have to keep that in mind.

For the record, I install Barsto barrels (gunsmith fit) into my Glock's as they do not shoot well enough for my tastes.

YMMV.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 05-02-12 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    Very nice.

I'm looking forward to seeing the accuracy reports.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Im interested to see the groups these print out of a few example guns.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Grant I sent a PM

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    If the Storm Lake shoots well I'll be in for at least one. Grant thanks for getting this going.

Feedback Score
    I would like to see one of these barrels fitted to a M&P9 with the early unlocking issue to see how much improvement it makes.

My M&P9 actually shoots pretty decent groups at 25 yds, about 4" and to POA. I have no doubt that a fitted barrel would make the groups tighter but what about a pistol that is unlocking early and shooting many inches high with 8-10" groups. Will this barrel take a pistol like that and get it shooting tight groups and bring the group placement down?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    I would like to see one of these barrels fitted to a M&P9 with the early unlocking issue to see how much improvement it makes.

My M&P9 actually shoots pretty decent groups at 25 yds, about 4" and to POA. I have no doubt that a fitted barrel would make the groups tighter but what about a pistol that is unlocking early and shooting many inches high with 8-10" groups. Will this barrel take a pistol like that and get it shooting tight groups and bring the group placement down?
    Yes and since my personal M&P shoots 6-7" groups, I will be testing this theory out.

C4

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast