Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P90X

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by streck View Post
    I bet you put on a lot of muscle which weighs more than fat.
    Not only that, but on average it's 4xs heavier.

Also... WHAT you're eating may be inline, but HOW you're eating likely isn't. Sequencing the intake, getting the proper F/P/C intake ratios at the right times, the timing of your intake ALL is important when creating a proper diet.

Read some of the links I posted earlier in this thread if you haven't already. You will see significantly better gains if you get this right then if you take supplements.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    P90x works if you stick with it. Check out there forum it proves much more information and pictures from actual users.

Feedback Score
    They recommend that you take their "Fit Test" to see if you should do P90X. They are serious about that!!! Don't worry if you can't pass the test they have a less intense version (actually I think it is the original) which is call P90. After I got injured I couldn't do P90X so I got P90 and did that for a cycle to get my strength back after not being able to do any thing for 4.5 months (had a breath at your own pace and distance profile)

I hit 190 real fast from not doing anything, but after a month and a half I was back down to 170. Just my .02

Feedback Score
    As with anything else, you get out what you put in. I am a reasonably fit person but decided to try P90X to see what all the hub-bub was about.

You can definitely get a great workout especially if you scale the exercises to fit varying levels of intensity. For example, instead of using 25 lb dumbbells, substitute 35 lb DBs. Instead of pull-ups, do weighted pull-ups or clapping pulls-ups. The hardest part of any "designer" workout is sticking with it as programmed. Between work and family, I have to squeeze workouts in whenever and where ever I can. As with many people, I typically don't have the luxury of dedicating 45 mins to an hour to work out in front of the television. I take what I can get and run with it, both literally and figuratively.

For any fitness program, a person needs to determine what their goals are first and foremost. A professional football player has a much different set of physical fitness criteria to meet than a gymnast, downhill skier or tactical operator. Do you want to build strength? Speed? Endurance? Do you want or need muscular hypertrophy (muscle mass), muscular endurance or explosive strength? Most people default by saying "I want all of it" and they end up in programs like Crossfit. While I am not a big Crossfit advocate, that's a program worth exploring as well. Anything will definitely give you noticeable results if you are starting with a relatively low fitness baseline.

Just keep in mind that diet is at least as important as your workout regimen.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For sure,tough to follow.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    I've done it twice for 2.5 months each time and followed the nutrition plan 99%. I looked completely different after 2 months. YMMV...

Feedback Score
    25 (96%)
    I had good results with it at the beginning of last year. It is a tough program but will work if followed. A lot harder than it looks. Diet is definitely the most important part and the hardest for me.

Make sure you get a good set of bands if using it while traveling.

I went from 210lbs to 179 while gaining strength and muscle. I have since gained quite a bit of fat back since letting my diet and workout schedule slip.

Like someone else said check out the beachbody ( company that produces p90x) there are some good before and after pictures.

BTW make sure you do the log to track your progress.... It helped my motivation a ton.
    Last edited by C.Edwards; 06-22-12 at 11:25.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Riddle me this for those who are saying it, but how exactly does a pound of fat weigh less than a pound of muscle?

Muscle is a more dense/compact and efficient tissue (that can take up less space in the body depending on development), but it does not weigh more.

Explain a pound of feathers...
    Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.

Feedback Score
    25 (96%)
    A pound is a pound. However a liter of blubber will weigh less than a liter of muscle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Edwards View Post
    A pound is a pound. However a liter of blubber will weigh less than a liter of muscle.
    Yes. Liters are a measurement of volume, not weight.
    Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast