Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheek Pad for Hunting Rifle

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If you want a good permanent solution. Karsten makes and adjustable plastic cheek riser, (like you see on the long range Savage guns- I just said the S word) and they are very nice. If your stock has a Monte Carlo cheek rest built into it, not so good.

You have to drill two holes in your stock, but they are good. And are permanent and don't break down.

http://www.tacticalworks.com/Karsten...t-A-Model.html
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I have both the Eagle and the Blackhawk versions and actually prefer the Blackhawk. You can always add some foam underneath to raise it what you need. I have also seen some that are leather that might be more suited to a traditional wood stocked hunting gun.

Feedback Score

cheek riser for CZ

if the wood of your CZ stock is as good as mine, you probably don't want to mess with it on a permanent basis.

i have used an old plastic, plant pot*. heated with a heat gun and shaped to the stock itself, after cutting the basic shape i want, punch holes along the bottom of each side, then fill the void between the stock and the cheek piece/riser with whatever, to reach the height desired, and cinch it down very tightly.

*i've used the one and two gallon ones but prefer the two gallon as they are thicker and create a more stable, stronger, reliable, durable addition.

basic shape can be done using tin snips or sheet metal snips and you can use rough sandpaper to finish the surface to make it 'non-slip' to your satisfaction

in the end, it's "Form fitted" and can be cinched very securely but it will require occasional 're-adjustment'.
    it is better to remain silent and be thought as being a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12