Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night Sights on your AR

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)

Night Sights on your AR

Curious as to how many here run Tritium irons on their AR's. Seems like a good thing to have should optics fail. Do most of you consider this a good investment for a Home Defense rifle?
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    It seems most are against it. I run a truglo tritium front dot on mine. I haven't tried a rear NS. Everyone says they just blur with NTCH shooting style which makes sense. I've found the site helps as much in the day as it does at night. The lighter colored dot is much more contrast that a black iron. I have to qual at night and a black iron on a black target at night is a challenge. It was worth the $60 to me though I know I'm in the minority.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tried them on a friends. I really thought it might be a good idea. Wrong again. Love them on my pistols. Just not on an AR.

Weird thing is (did blur a little) it was " distracting ". I don't know how else to put it. Kept throwing off my sight picture for some reason. Maybe I just needed more time with it, but...

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I have a night sight front post on my Springfield Armory SOCOM16, and dont really like it. Its too fat to be used at longer range. This alone has dissuaded me from getting them for my ARs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here are my thoughts on night sights -- and I could be totally wrong...

We are supposed to identify our target's foreground and background, right? If it is dark enough where we can see the glow from our sights...how are we identifying anything? That is why I carry a light source. I can see my sights as they are silhouetted against the lit-up target. Night sights are not for me.
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal_Mother556 View Post
    Here are my thoughts on night sights -- and I could be totally wrong...

We are supposed to identify our target's foreground and background, right? If it is dark enough where we can see the glow from our sights...how are we identifying anything? That is why I carry a light source. I can see my sights as they are silhouetted against the lit-up target. Night sights are not for me.
    ^^this^^ no problems here shouldering my weapon in low ready, activate light, shoulder to ready...boom perfect sight picture.

Or just shoulder to ready...pop on the light, and you'll be in the money if you have solid anchor points..and you'll be right on your sight picture

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    The best night sight I have ever used is a Surefire M600C coupled with an Aimpoint T1.

Second to that is a PVS14.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a set, like the front for certain situations the rear I find to be pretty much useless. Not something I would be concerned added to every rifle I own though.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    If you have an attached light, there is no real benefit to a tritium front on a rifle.
    Don't waste your money on tritium rear sights on a rifle.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I run one on my front sight on a few of my ARs. It's not that distracting to me. However, the tritium is only on one face of the sight post making you do a full rotation when sighting in your rifle. That's not a huge deal, but it's nice to not have to deal with that.

Also, I would never run tritium rear sights because it's be too easy to misalign (especially when they're the same color). Could also imagine that your vision would focus into short range to obtain your sight align versus sending your eyes downrange.

Overall, spend the money on a nice weapon light instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast