Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCM History

Feedback Score

BCM History

It seems BCM's reputation preceeds itself. I watched their YouTube video on their site and read their (brief) company history as well.

I'm curious ... can someone give me the rundown on the company ... why and how they were founded, what their value prop is, etc.

I'm also interested in more information on anyone's experience with their lifetine warranty / customer service.

All information is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear22 View Post
    It seems BCM's reputation preceeds itself. I watched their YouTube video on their site and read their (brief) company history as well.

I'm curious ... can someone give me the rundown on the company ... why and how they were founded, what their value prop is, etc.

I'm also interested in more information on anyone's experience with their lifetine warranty / customer service.

All information is appreciated.

I should probably answer this as I am personal friends with the owner (Paul).

The firearms industry is full of snakes, used car salesmen and just flat out liars. One of the VERY few people I would trust in this industry is Paul. Just a solid guy that has morals and believes in offering the best product he can.

I have known Paul to scrap thousands on top of thousands of dollars’ worth of products because they didn't live up to his standards, but would pass what the TDP allows. Not many companies would do this.

Their CS is excellent and they will cover whatever BCM products you buy for as long as you own it.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I should probably answer this as I am personal friends with the owner (Paul).

The firearms industry is full of snakes, used car salesmen and just flat out liars. One of the VERY few people I would trust in this industry is Paul. Just a solid guy that has morals and believes in offering the best product he can.

I have known Paul to scrap thousands on top of thousands of dollars’ worth of products because they didn't live up to his standards, but would pass what the TDP allows. Not many companies would do this.

Their CS is excellent and they will cover whatever BCM products you buy for as long as you own it.

C4
    Indeed that is exactly what you'd want to hear as a prospective customer.

Thank you for the information.

How'd Paul come to start the company? What was his experience before BCM?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This interests me as well.

BTW... As an owner of one of his BFH 16" middys I can say I am thoroughly impressed and satisfied with his product, OP.
    Last edited by CLJ94104; 05-09-12 at 09:45.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Indeed that is exactly what you'd want to hear as a prospective customer.

Thank you for the information.

I believe that after spending time as an 0311 in the Marines, he got his degree and being into guns, started Bravo Company USA. Back in the day, if you wanted a quality fighting AR, you either bought a Colt or nothing else. So there was an opportunity for someone to start offering quality BCG's, uppers, etc and Paul took advantage of this and formed BCM.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CLJ94104 View Post

BTW... As an owner of one of his BFH 16" middys I can say I am thoroughly impressed and satisfied with his product OP.
    Thanks for the validation, CLJ.
    Did you go with the standard or LW?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I believe that after spending time as an 0311 in the Marines, he got his degree and being into guns, started Bravo Company USA. Back in the day, if you wanted a quality fighting AR, you either bought a Colt or nothing else. So there was an opportunity for someone to start offering quality BCG's, uppers, etc and Paul took advantage of this and formed BCM.

C4
    Did he apprentice anywhere?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Did he apprentice anywhere?
    There really is no where to Apprenticeship for these types of things (at least back then).

Like me, Paul just learned how to build AR's on his own and then later validated his knowledge with armorer schools.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 05-09-12 at 09:51.

Feedback Score
    I love reading threads like this. They validate my decision to go with Bravo Company over many brands I considered.

Everything I've ever gotten from them has been 100%.

My one beef is they couldn't take an order over the phone when my computer was having trouble letting me order through the website. Told me in an e-mail they weren't set up to take orders over the phone.

(Hey, gotta find some little something to criticize so I'm not a total fanboy).

I actually gave up a perfectly good Daniel Defense carbine in order to get a second BCM weapon. That's about as sincere an endorsement of BCM that I can think of. (No knock on DD. I just preferred the BCM's configuration as it came from the factory).
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 05-09-12 at 10:27.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I love reading threads like this. They validate my decision to go with Bravo Company over many brands I considered.

Everything I've ever gotten from them has been 100%.

My one beef is they couldn't take an order over the phone when my computer was having trouble letting me order through the website. Told me in an e-mail they weren't set up to take orders over the phone.

(Hey, gotta find some little something to criticize so I'm not a total fanboy).
    I am the same way (don't take phone orders unless I have too). The main reason for this is that it is VERY easy to lose an order or mix up what the customer wanted. So it is almost always in your best interest to order via a website.

C4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast