Thread: surefire Kroma. what do you think about them

Feedback Score

surefire Kroma. what do you think about them

i was at the store the other day and i ran in to a surefire kroma on sale about 50% off. normally i cant pass up a good deal but i wanted to hear how they are and if any one else has one.

John

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Expensive and we've had to send a few back for repair.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I have a couple, and no probs. Not to say, there isnt any. I was all the functions on most get it for looks and they dont know why one setting doesnt work.. (IR).. lol
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    I played with one for a while. Being a Surefire you know it is a good light and Surefire will take care of you.

I didn't really like this light. The blue LED's are neat, but not something I have ever found useful. The RED led's with hi/low power are pretty slick, and the two settings of white are nice. I didn't much care for the dimensions of this light, as the bezel end seemed very large. I also found switching the light's settings to be somewhat cumbersome. Then again, I'm not really a fan of their U2 light either.

I was hoping it would be more like a LED version of their A2 Aviator lights, which would be about ideal to me.

Feedback Score

Kroma military

I got one and use it for topo maps with the different colors and highlighters to marks route and make night landnav a cinch. The green is great for not messing up your night vision when you cant find the lock on a door you know.. Very handy light so far.