Thread: Spikes Registered SBR Lowers?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Spikes Registered SBR Lowers?

Anyone purchased one of the Spikes Registered SBR Lowers? If so, let me know how the process works since the lower is already registered? Any advatages/disadvantages to going that route?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Anyone purchased one of the Spikes Registered SBR Lowers? If so, let me know how the process works since the lower is already registered? Any advatages/disadvantages to going that route?
    You don't have to engrave your name and location on it. That's about it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    So it's not really registered per ATF......rather it's already engraved? Thanks for the info.......

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    So it's not really registered per ATF......rather it's already engraved? Thanks for the info.......

What he is saying is that it is already registered on a form 4 so you don't have to register it on a form 1 and engrave it with your info as the manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)

SBR Pistol

Do you really want a 22cal pistol that is an SBR?

Feedback Score
    If you SBR an existing lower, you submit the application on Form 1's, and when it's approved you must engrave the makers information (either your personal info, your LLC or trust, depending on how you filed) on the reciever, frame, or barrel (the frame/reciever is the hot setup for most people). Most people pay $50 to $100 to have their info engraved on their receiver (no height requirement, but it must be .003 deep). You can do it yourself with stamps and a hammer, or even electro-pen it, as long as you meet the depth requirements (but it may look like ass). It must be engraved somewhere it can be seen, as well.

If you buy an SBR'd lower, it is already engraved with the makers name, so you don't have to deal with that, but generally pay a bit more for the reciever, and then you generally have to pay an NFA dealer to transfer it to you ($50-$100). For your first NFA, this is probably the best bet because they will help you through the process. Once you do it once, and know how it works, it's no biggie to do it yourself.

It's probably a wash on cost, after the fat lady sings, with the edge on convenience going to buying a pre-SBR'd lower. Pre SBR'd lowers probably look better, too, because nobody wrote their name on it with an electro-pen.

I had one engraved at a local shop before I got my approved tax form back (you don't want to leave a titleII weapon unattended at an engraving shop). Looks good, didn't cost too much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been looking for information on Spikes and can't seem to find anything other than a couple of threads on this site. I have found some shops selling Spikes lowers, but they are all Semi-Auto None SBR lowers. Where do I get a registered one?

Feedback Score
    Call or email Spike and ask.
    email: sales@spikestactical.com
    phone: 407.928.2666

Angela will usually reply very quickly to emails.
    To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it. - GK Chesterton

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks