Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAL purchase

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Either the Type 1 of the Type 2 are excellent receivers, either one will work just fine.

I just posted that link to show how the DSA's are constructed.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    I agree with Buck except that the DSA's are licensed from FN and Steyr, they have an excellent working relationship with FN USA, who make the chrome lined G1 and Israeli HB barrels for them down in SC.

The receivers are machined from a drop forging (like an M1 Garand receiver), they're not cast, and they have the blue prints from Steyr.
    Well you learn something new every day...

Thanks Templar...

Buck
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    Please don't take offense, but if you did some research you'd know the FAL is a battle rifle and not an assault rifle.

Just an FYI, I have one of the carbine length guns from DSA and it likes specific ammo, but runs quite well and is a handy version of the system. I have an STG-58 but it is way too heavy and long.

M_P

I told you I was new at this, thanks for the correction

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The lines between a "battle" and "assault", and "rifle" and "carbine" have been blurred in modern usage.

Is a shortie FAL select fire a "battle rifle" or an "assault carbine"?

It is shorter than a rifle, can be capable of full automatic fire like an "assault rifle" and actually shoots a smaller cartridge than the .30-06 "battle rifle" M1 Garand...

Battle Rifle! - 44" length semi auto

Battle Rifle... or perhaps Assault Carbine?? - 32.5" length select fire

Not sure how this fits in the middle?

It's all semantics...

I like to refer to my "battle rifle come assault carbine" simply as "Sweetie!"

Makes my wife pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    In case anyone is keeping score, Cameron just won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Cameron won again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post

The factory built options are original FN guns, A few Lithgows, Armscorp imported IMI & Argentinians, Springfield SARs, and DS Arms...

- The best of the bunch are the Springfield SAR 48 / 4800s... They were all made under license by FN at the Imbel factory in Brazil... Imbel also supplied FALs and 1911s to the Brazilian military... The quality was so good that FN contracted with them to produce spare parts for the factory in Belgium... As this was an active licensed military rifle production line, these are all late type three receivers with the latest FAL design updates...

Buck
    I've got one of the pre-ban SAR-48s and it is a great rifle. I wanted something close to the original built in a real FAL factory. It shoots great and I picked it up about two or three years ago for just over $1200. It probably had about 200 rounds through it at that point. You can dig around on Gunbroker and find them sometimes.

Spooky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12