Thread: "Completed" my rebuild

Feedback Score

"Completed" my rebuild

Built my first AR-15 right before the Obama election sales took off and built it on a budget with what I could find at time. Now that I wanted to upgrade it I was hesitant because of the paint and I wanted to go with the black/fde theme. Instead of selling it and starting over I completely disassembled it, stripped the paint, and started over. The paint came off pretty well but I will probably change at least the upper sometime anyways and that is the part that looks most gray.

The parts I reused were the LAR Grizzly Lower, a few parts from a RRA LPK, RRA M4 Upper w/16in barrel, and EOTech 511.

New parts:

Yankee Hill Machine Low Profile Gas Block, short version
    Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
    Troy/VTAC BattleRail Alpha - 13"
    Troy Modular Combat Grip
    Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced Trigger SSA-E
    Magpul ACS Stock
    Magpul MIAD Grip
    Magpul B.A.D. Lever

Have a Surefire light and Gear Sector mount in the mail, only other things I plan on changing in the near future are some back up sights (probably Troy) and replace the EOTech with an Aimpoint. Now for what you really want to see...

Before:

After:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Built my first AR-15 right before the Obama election sales took off and built it on a budget with what I could find at time. Now that I wanted to upgrade it I was hesitant because of the paint and I wanted to go with the black/fde theme. Instead of selling it and starting over I completely disassembled it, stripped the paint, and started over. The paint came off pretty well but I will probably change at least the upper sometime anyways and that is the part that looks most gray.
    The parts I reused were the LAR Grizzly Lower, a few parts from a RRA LPK, RRA M4 Upper w/16in barrel, and EOTech 511.
    New parts:
    Yankee Hill Machine Low Profile Gas Block, short version
    Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
    Troy/VTAC BattleRail Alpha - 13"
    Troy Modular Combat Grip
    Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced Trigger SSA-E
    Magpul ACS Stock
    Magpul MIAD Grip
    Magpul B.A.D. Lever
    Have a Surefire light and Gear Sector mount in the mail, only other things I plan on changing in the near future are some back up sights (probably Troy) and replace the EOTech with an Aimpoint. Now for what you really want to see...

Looks good! I like it.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    Looks good! I like it.
    Thanks! Of course I couldn't leave it as is, have a few more goodies on the way