Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Similar load to 70gr TSX?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have loaded but very few TSX's and I have never crimped my .223 handloads (not saying one shouldn't).

One further comment on the 70 grain TSX or TTSX vs. other bullets of 70-plus grains. I've shot these 70 grain Speers successfully in a 10 twist-- and I know it's good in a 9--- and I don't think the TSX would do well in a 9 twist. I shot a few 70 grain TSX's in my 10 twist barrel at short range and to by surprise they did not go through sideways but even at that range I could see they were not going to be accurate. The Speer 70 grainer has a rather blunt ogive so it short-ish. Just saying that there will be barrels and twists will shoot the Speer 70 where they would not work with the Barnes 70 grain TSX, due to the above mentioned length.

Feedback Score
    Ned-

I have run a few 70gr TSX thru a 9 twist barrel with good results...but it was around 6000' and a warm day 90 degrees. They were minute of prariedog out to 200m or so.

I doubt they would be as usable at below 5000' or on a cool day in 9 twist barrels.

FYI
    Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12