Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What OSOE Gear do you have?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    being "in the know" i'll give a little explanation real quick. before john moved to TN there were some "customer service issues" and he has acknowledged that. Those that were "short changed" have recieved communication from him on how to remedy the situation (which usually involves the person STOPPING all the shit talk across the forums). I know of one person (the one that started the drama on arfcom) that changed his order three or four times during production, to the point to where john was like "screw it. we're not making this shit. we'll fill your order with whatever we have in stock" and the person gets all butt hurt about it, stops emailing all together and then pops back up three years later saying he never got his stuff.

He changed his payment policy just before he moved to TN. he no longer takes pre-payment for ANYTHING. Here's how it works:

You go to his website
    you place your items into your shopping cart
    you hit check out and fill out all the necessary forms
    You receive an email telling you that your order has been received and that you will be emailed again when your order is ready with payment instructions

From that point your order goes into production. When all items are built and in a usps priority mail box you receive an email with your total and a paypal address.

Then you pay the man. In 3-5 business days you receive your goods. GOD HELP YOU IF YOU DO NOT PAY HIM. you'll get a FB call out.

John has always done right by me. I've seen him get dudes squared away for free on numerous occasions (usually guys in the danger zone(s)).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks. Like I said I did not want to get things stirred up or derail the thread. It seems most of the complaints come from prepaying. My transaction went as calicojack described. I ordered, a couple weeks later I got an email saying my gear was ready and how to pay. I paid and a few days later it was here. Based on that experience and the responses here I will be purchasing more stiff from OSOE. With that out of the way, the gear I do have from them is top notch. I know it's pretty hard to screw up a Cobra belt and pouches but the stitching and material are excellent.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For the past year, I've used this,

http://originalsoegear.com/palsmicro.html

It allowed me to use pouches I already have and configure them the way I want. There's enough room for me to carry three M-4 magazines, a "Blowout Kit", a double pistol mag pouch, a tourniquet pouch, and this,

http://originalsoegear.com/pullout12.html

A Youtube video on the 12 Gauge Pullout Pouch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V0StGUE9tQ

I use this setup as a chest rig at the range. For home use I carry it bandoleer style as it's quicker just to sling it over a shoulder.
    Last edited by 3 AE; 05-29-12 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    being "in the know" i'll give a little explanation real quick. before john moved to TN there were some "customer service issues" and he has acknowledged that. Those that were "short changed" have recieved communication from him on how to remedy the situation (which usually involves the person STOPPING all the shit talk across the forums). (snip)
    I am responding to your post only because I didn't want my silence interpreted as acquiescence that your assertions applied to me.

I only have firsthand knowledge of my personal incident. As I previously stated, I was not involved with any of the arfcom drama. Other than the post on the old LMS forum, I have not posted about my issue before now. My communications with John have been via email. I have exchanged emails with John about my unfilled order after his move to TN.

I originally posted in this thread because I have firsthand knowledge that not all of the claims of having been short changed by John are “drama” or claims that cannot be substantiated (as was asserted in previous posts).

In the interest of not further bogging down the thread, feel free to contact me via PM if anyone cares to further discuss the info contained in my posts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My goodness - thanks for all the on topic posts.

Back on topic!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    i'll try and get some pictures up by this weekend:

OSOE Tapered warbelt
    -Garmin GPS pouch
    -6x6 pals GP pouch

Micro Rig gen1
    -Hydration pouch
    -Medical Insert

Micro shotgun rig gen1

5x Stockings

3x double mag pouches
    3x single point slings
    1x 2 point sling
    1x nsw admin pouch
    2x full sized med pouches
    1x micro med pouch

stuff i want:
    3 tk4 pouches
    1 Vehicle Med bag
    1 Patch panel
    2 visor panels

i'm putting together a med pack atm so my wants will have to wait till i get done funding that project.
    Last edited by calicojack; 05-30-12 at 19:32.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    John is awesome people. His gear is no BS, top notch stuff. Not to mention he helps out guys down range all the time with free stuff. He'll also sometimes take trade on stuff for new gear of his. I've been dealing with him for around six years now.

I own / have owned:

OSOE Vehicle Visor
    OSOE Mookie War Rig Light
    OSOE Mookie War Rig Light PALS
    OSOE Peltor band
    SOE Patrol Vest
    SOE Surefire Instructor's Vest
    SOE Medic Vest
    SOE 500 IV
    SOE Butt pack
    SOE Mookie War Rig

It's all bomb proof built, extremely durable and well thought out stuff.

There are those that say he's hard to work with, etc, but I've never experienced it in any of the dealings I've had with him.

Check out his Facebook page for updates on stuff coming off the production line and any trade leads:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Specia...t/372313363858

In summary, you can't go wrong.
    Last edited by macnamara; 06-05-12 at 07:29.
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I had some Christmas money left over and decided to pick up the M4/AK micro rig from Blackstone Tactical. I didn't really need it since I already have a Tactical Tailor Mini-MAV but I figured I'd check out what all the fuss is about and if I didn't like it, I could sell or trade it for something else.

I've only donned it a couple of times since I got it Monday but, so far I'm quite impressed! It reminds me a bit of Maxpedidtion gear. I'm a little concerned about having enough purchase on the AR mags since they sit rather deep. I may have to add magpul ranger plates. Also, I was kind of thinking/hoping the mag pouches would be more AK-sized than AR-sized. AK mags will fit but the pouches need to stretch a little. Not a big deal since I don't own an AK (...yet) but, as I said, I thought the pouches would be sized more for AK mags and AR mags would be a little loose fitting. Overall, I'm pretty impressed.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

+1 OSOE

Purchased some multicam hearing protector cover on Wednesday, they just came in the mail today, Perfect, exactly what I wanted.

Another satisfied customer.

Bob

Feedback Score
    Every time I see that Micro rig, I want to spend some money. Very nice! I think one will be in my future eventually.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast