Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well guys lets hear the criticism.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Rifle:
    Ditch the Eotech for an Aimpoint in a Larue or ADM mount
    Ditch the YHM rail for a Daniel Defense Omega
    Ditch the rear sight for a fixed Larue or LMT
    Swap the TD front grip for a stubby
    Ditch the tape-switch for a thumb-activated
    Ditch the ARMS light mount for an Larue or ADM
    Put the smooth front strap on the MIAD

Pistol:
    Warren rear sight
    Light (either hand-held or rail-mounted)

Hey, you asked.

In all seriousness though, the YHM rail just doesn't "fit". You went top-shelf with the lower and upper, stock and grips, and then cheesed out at the end with the rail. With all the money you have sunk in that gun, getting a good rail would have only cost you maybe 5%-10% of the total cost more.
    I have to agree on the rail, you are 150% right,but what you said on the Eotech, that is a negitive a lot of the guys in the sand box would disagree on that, and so would a lot of special contractors if you catch my meaning,for a lot of these guys the Aimpoint stinks,but my guess is, it all falls under the category of preference.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter.45 View Post
    I have to agree on the rail, you are 150% right,but what you said on the Eotech, that is a negitive a lot of the guys in the sand box would disagree on that, and so would a lot of special contractors if you catch my meaning,for a lot of these guys the Aimpoint stinks,but my guess is, it all falls under the category of preference.
    Pretty much everyone that I talk to that uses them for a living and gets to choose would choose the Aimpoint. I've never heard anyone say it "stinks". Some may prefer the reticule on the Eotech, or may make up BS reasons they prefer it without having used both, but the number of people that have gone E to A dwarfs the number that have gone the other way.

There are inherent design flaws in the Eotech that they continue to ignore (assuming that isn't a rule 4 violation, if so someone can edit it out).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter.45 View Post
    Here she is agin, so lets hear what you have to say guys.

Q: Is the sling swivel/mount at the forward part of your stock part of the stock, or is it a separate part?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I can barely see them in your pics of your YHM rail, but from your pics you do appear have the latest YHM rails which have the anti-rotational screws on each side of you're rail. You would be one BAD M***** F***** to bust one loose. The older (older than yours) YHM rails are fine, just dated technology. They hold up fine but are heavier and bulkier than the modern DD and LaRue rails other than weight and size. You do have the latest ones by YHM so you have no worries.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Since you asked here it is:

Your barrel's too long
    Your FH vibrates too much
    Your rail is too fancy
    Your forward pg is not needed and neither is that expensive light
    your receiver's not colt
    your pg is too complex
    your eotech is too ugly
    your rear sight is crooked
    your rigger guard is bent
    your magazines are plastic junk..............

Just kidding....it looks fine with me, personally i am not a big fan of rails but that's just me. I would have to concur on the BUIS...Troy all the way.....I just got a MaTech for mine but I will get a Troy as soon as I have some $$$
    man I wish I had the $$$$ to finish mine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Pretty much everyone that I talk to that uses them for a living and gets to choose would choose the Aimpoint. I've never heard anyone say it "stinks". Some may prefer the reticule on the Eotech, or may make up BS reasons they prefer it without having used both, but the number of people that have gone E to A dwarfs the number that have gone the other way.

There are inherent design flaws in the Eotech that they continue to ignore (assuming that isn't a rule 4 violation, if so someone can edit it out).
    I really, truly prefer the EOTech reticle.

And I still sold it and got an Aimpoint. Those here who know what they're talking about have been shown right about most of the other stuff, no reason to think they're wrong about that either. You don't have to do *everything* they tell you, but if you take it as a starting point at least, you'll save a lot of time and money.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Q: Is the sling swivel/mount at the forward part of your stock part of the stock, or is it a separate part?
    rhino it is a separate part, it's a TangoDown PR-4 sling mount, push button realease,it actually mounts on the castle nut,it's also has two other position,lefty and rear mounts.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmeister229 View Post
    I love it!! I just have a plain Jane S&W AR15 for now and the Glock 21 SF. what type of AR magazines do you have?
    I have total of 20 Magpul pmags,two HK mags, and 10 of the USGI mags all with the Magpul followers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123