Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well guys lets hear the criticism.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the YHM rail due to its "locking" system.

and I'd get a sling for the carbine, and a light for both guns...

Agree. Pass on the YHM stuff.

Agree on the lights.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Rifle:
    Ditch the Eotech for an Aimpoint in a Larue or ADM mount
    Ditch the YHM rail for a Daniel Defense Omega
    Ditch the rear sight for a fixed Larue or LMT
    Swap the TD front grip for a stubby
    Ditch the tape-switch for a thumb-activated
    Ditch the ARMS light mount for an Larue or ADM
    Put the smooth front strap on the MIAD

Pistol:
    Warren rear sight
    Light (either hand-held or rail-mounted)

Hey, you asked.

In all seriousness though, the YHM rail just doesn't "fit". You went top-shelf with the lower and upper, stock and grips, and then cheesed out at the end with the rail. With all the money you have sunk in that gun, getting a good rail would have only cost you maybe 5%-10% of the total cost more.

Nice carbine!!

I agree with Rob though. I don't own an Omega so I would have to say DD or Larue FF handguard. The DD 9.5 that wraps around the FSB is very very nice!!

The VLTOR upper and Sun Devil lower combo sure is a tight fit, isn't it? I have a couple Sun Devil lowers mated to VIS uppers and they are still tight after some pretty serious use.
    "We need to get over the romance of aligning sights and get to the business of shooting smelly bearded men in the face more efficiently."
    Pat Rogers

Feedback Score

Nice

I love it!! I just have a plain Jane S&W AR15 for now and the Glock 21 SF. what type of AR magazines do you have?

Feedback Score
    educate me on the YHM stuff. what is it you guys don't like about it?
    i know it's a bit heavier and a lot cheaper. are they prone to breaking? or just suboptimal

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    educate me on the YHM stuff. what is it you guys don't like about it?
    i know it's a bit heavier and a lot cheaper. are they prone to breaking? or just suboptimal
    Heavy, large, sharp and tend to come loose unless they are loctited on. Loctite + torque = PITA if you want to replace them.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Heavy, large, sharp and tend to come loose unless they are loctited on. Loctite + torque = PITA if you want to replace them.

C4
    The new YHM setups have antirotation pins.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Biased_Observer View Post
    The new YHM setups have antirotation pins.

I have seen them. I don't know that I like the rails any with them than I do without them.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just don't like their construction. They are cheaper for a reason. The DD and the LT are machined "in" (for lack of a better term) and the YHM is a tube with rails on the outside. In the next month or so I intend to order an LT 7.0 and a Daniel Defense Omega, and I already have a YHM for a .22 project. I'll get some pics then of what I'm talking about.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I too was kind of surprised with your choice of rails. I too would go DD or Larue. I'd also ditch the rear sight for a new one. I'm a fan of standard front and folder rear, so I'd keep your FSB and probably go with a Troy folding rear. I'm running the same front strap on my MAID without issue, and also a Vortex. Although the Vortex will kick up alot of dust in the prone position. But it is manageable, and preference. I like the EOTech, if you want a riser get one. If not don't, it's your rifle. After handling one I am really liking the new stubby grips, and am contemplating either cutting mine off or replacing it with a new one. I just dumped my tapeswitch after trying a new light mount and position and am really liking the thumb activation now, and with the higher hold the shorter VFG seems like it would work better. On the same note, those running the stubby TangoDowns, do the caps on the new ones come off? Any one cut theirs off? How'd it turn out?

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterFanBoy View Post
    I'd say swap the Vortex for a phantom FH. (IIRC in pics, the phantom works best at night) \

Its the other way around but from what I have seen the Vortex only slightly beats it out in terms of FS. I do prefer the Phantom in terms of durability.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast