Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's see some 3-gun setups!

Feedback Score
    My stuff

Sig German frame 226 with extended grips and 20 round mags. Remington Police magnum 870. Frankengun AR with SPARC.
    Last edited by SIGFORALL; 06-16-12 at 20:52.

Feedback Score
    Good thread. I like the more practical setups. Yeah, they aren't as fast and you probably won't win many matches, but the habits you engrain during competition will more easily transfer over to the real world.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    Good thread. I like the more practical setups. Yeah, they aren't as fast and you probably won't win many matches, but the habits you engrain during competition will more easily transfer over to the real world.
    What is practical and what is not is highly debatable. Also being fast and accurate is very valuable in the real world.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 06-26-12 at 17:04.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    I guess I just don't want to get used to being fast with some skeletonized competition holster and mag pouches that stick out from my belt line when I go to work every day with much more conventional gear. I'd rather use the competitions as fun training with gear that more closely resembles what I carry every day. I could be wrong but that seems to make sense to me.

Feedback Score
    I guess I just don't want to get used to being fast with some skeletonized competition holster and mag pouches that stick out from my belt line when I go to work every day with much more conventional gear. I'd rather use the competitions as fun training with gear that more closely resembles what I carry every day. I could be wrong but that seems to make sense to me.
    Many of the gizmos now considered "working gun" essentials were often first proven in competitions and "games."

Ex: RDS, off set mounts, sling plates, improved triggers, rails, forward grips
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I respect what your saying. I like to win so when I am playing the game I use gear that gives me the edge. At work I use gear that works best for me there. I also shoot some matches with my work set up. I just took first in a LEO three gun match two weeks ago using my Glock 17, SCAR 17 and my 14 inch Vang 870. Last saturday I took first in the LEO division at a steel match and 11th over all out of 60 shooters. My point was competing with my competition gear most of the year did not seem to hurt me when it came time to use my leo gear. I think people over think this stuff to a degree. Trigger pulling time is all good regardless of the gun used.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigag04 View Post
    Many of the gizmos now considered "working gun" essentials were often first proven in competitions and "games."

Ex: RDS, off set mounts, sling plates, improved triggers, rails, forward grips
    Yep very true. I am about to add a small Delta Point to my duty gun when funds allow.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 06-26-12 at 17:34.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I respect what your saying. I like to win so when I am playing the game I use gear that gives me the edge. At work I use gear that works best for me there. I also shoot some matches with my work set up. I just took first in a LEO three gun match two weeks ago using my Glock 17, SCAR 17 and my 14 inch Vang 870. Last saturday I took first in the LEO division at a steel match and 11th over all out of 60 shooters. My point was competing with my competition gear most of the year did not seem to hurt me when it came time to use my leo gear. I think people over think this stuff to a degree. Trigger pulling time is all good regardless of the gun used.
    Pat
    Great points! It sounds like your department is quite relaxed in terms of equipment. Mine is very strict about the kind of gear you can run, especially guns and gun accessories. Anyway, thanks for the comments on competition v. duty. Good to ponder.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Great points! It sounds like your department is quite relaxed in terms of equipment. Mine is very strict about the kind of gear you can run, especially guns and gun accessories. Anyway, thanks for the comments on competition v. duty. Good to ponder.
    I am lucky that as the departments firearms instructor and armorer I am allowed to set the policies with the Chiefs approval. I feel for you I have seen some backward policies set by non gun people in the field.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 07-01-12 at 13:29.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score

Rifle specs:
    •Hand lapped Douglas match barrel, 1 in 8 twist, 5.56 chamber, SPR profile stainless match barrel, rifle length gas system
    •PRI/MSTN Quiet Comp
    •PRI carbon handguard Duracoated FDE
    •PRI adjustable gasblock
    •PRI Gas Buster charging handle
    •Vltor EMOD A5 stock
    •Scorpion forged lower
    •Magpul MIAD Grip
    •Timney 3lb singlestage trigger
    •Upper and lower Krylon OD Green
    •Leupold VX-6 Multigun 1-6 scope
    •Leupold Mount

Handgun specs: