Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FH that work with HALO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

FH that work with HALO

Background: Mind you, I have search exhaustively to no avail. So in doing research for my first NFA purchase I have found a local CL3 who can get Gemtech, AAC, and AWC suppressors. He does not stock my first choice, the AAC M4-1000, however he does have a AWC Raider and a Gemtech HALO in stock. Given the LONG lead time on the M4-1000, I would like to explore other options. So far through my research I have discounted the Raider as a viable option (so-so suppression, so-so company reputation, poor QD attachment, etc.), however the HALO seems to have a sweetheart following here and on TOS, and given the specs it seems to be a solid unit.

I have a 16" LMT Defender 2000. I would like to have Randall at AR15 barrels cut it down to 14.5" and perm. attach a flash hider to bring it to >16" OAL. As much as I would like to just "live with" the 16" barrel after having been issued an M4 and carrying one in Iraq for years, I just can't get over the difference. My initial plan was to have Randall perm attach an AAC Blackout for the M4-1000, however that seems to be out. So..

The Question: Is there any flash hiders that will bring a 14.5" barrel to a 16" OAL that the HALO mounting system will work with? Or should I have Randall cut it to 14.7" and perm. attach the A2 FH with a peel washer. Thanks.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    They are rare as hen's teeth right now, but the [url=http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=728Vltor muzzle device[/url] is designed to work with the Halo.

As a very broad rule of thumb, if the blank-firing attachment will work then the Halo will work.

As a total aside, look around for out of state dealers that have the M41k in stock and can transfer to your dealer. You really don't want to compromise when it comes to cans as there is no resale value and you're pretty much stuck with what you buy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    As a total aside, look around for out of state dealers that have the M41k in stock and can transfer to your dealer. You really don't want to compromise when it comes to cans as there is no resale value and you're pretty much stuck with what you buy.
    Good point Rob. This CL3 wants to charge $150 for a transfer, so it will be rough, but still It's probably best not to settle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post

Sweet, I had no idea the primary FSC556 would work with a Halo! That is indeed good news. I fired a M249 from the shoulder with the FSC556 and it was remarkable the reduction in recoil. Very cool.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Good point Rob. This CL3 wants to charge $150 for a transfer, so it will be rough, but still It's probably best not to settle.
    Don't use him if he wants to charge you $150. No way.

That is unless he's the only option. He might be the only shop around but chances are there are C3 dealers you don't know about. You might want to ask around and find a guy who doesn't run a shop he has to pay for but just does the paperwork out of his basement.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Don't use him if he wants to charge you $150. No way.

That is unless he's the only option. He might be the only shop around but chances are there are C3 dealers you don't know about. You might want to ask around and find a guy who doesn't run a shop he has to pay for but just does the paperwork out of his basement.
    I'm sure he is not the only option, just haven't found many others here in Colorado. Seems NFA stuff is all "hush hush" around here. I asked about CL3 dealers at the gun store which I purchased my LMT through and got wide eyes and "boy you need a $1200 "Class 3" license and the ATF can come into your home whenever they want, and you need a 2 hour arms room to store the silencer, blah...why do you need a silencer anyway?" Well I smiled, informed him I used a suppressor on my M4 during my second tour in Iraq and preferred it to unsuppressed, thanked them for their time, and left.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My LMT 14.5 has a PWS FSC on it as well (perm. attached)

Here are 2 photos, with and w/o my Halo on it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sweet! Looks great!

Feedback Score
    You might want to also check with www.Jensenarms.com in Loveland. They sometimes have suppressors in stock and can do transfers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast