Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AK47 Aperture Sight feed back.

Feedback Score

AK47 Aperture Sight feed back.

Hi all,
    I have noticed a number of posts of shooters looking for sight options for the AK. I know that selling is not allowed in the posts so I want to be careful not to break this rule. I would like to make AK owners aware that I am working on a sight system for the AK that will use M16 apertures and will have M16A1 type adjustments. This new model will be available in the spring of 2008 and will not require any permanent modifications to the rifle. The conversion can be done in about 15-20 minutes. We have done the prototype and and have patents in place. I am attaching an illustration and would be interested in any feed back.

Larry

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    It's hard to tell but it looks like the rear sight is on top of the dust cover.

Most serious users are deeply suspicious of the ability of this arrangement to hold a zero. Can you elaborate a bit?

Feedback Score
    The sight actually mounts to the rear trunion of the receiver. so does not have any of the instability of a cover mounted sight. We have not established a price point, but are hoping to keep it under $100.00. The sight will be all steel with parkerized finish.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Looks like you just remove the standard rear sight and shoot through where it used to be.

Interesting, thanks for the update.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry N View Post
    The sight actually mounts to the rear trunion of the receiver. so does not have any of the instability of a cover mounted sight. We have not established a price point, but are hoping to keep it under $100.00. The sight will be all steel with parkerized finish.

Sounds very interesting.

Please keep us informed on your products progress.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Looks great. Sights on the A-k family of weapons have always been a issue. I look forward to trying it out since I want to replace mine. Keep us posted.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can you provide a bigger picture of it?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Looks like you might be on to something there. Do it right and I will probably buy at least four sets.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I would like a sight like that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This would be a HUGE improvement over the stock AK sights. I run a Krebs peep rear and I imagine that this would be even better. Forget nose to charging handle, we want to shoot nose to trunion!

I think these are an excellent idea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast