Page 670 of 674 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670671672 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,700 of 6733

Thread: The 1911 Handgun Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Very clean blaster. Looks sharp hope it runs as well as expected.
    Thank you. It's run 100% in both .50GI and .45ACP since day one.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    “Mr. Armorer Sir, can you take a look at my 1911…?”
    This week in Patrol Rifle class. What do you suppose happened here? The thing that always brings this result….. a squib. I didn’t get really clear info on conditions when it happened but this always makes me think, “Do your tap-rack-bang only after careful consideration and don’t try to set a world speed record doing it unless the zombie is almost on top of you!”

I love it when after a few days of class and students realize why I’m really there, and we all get to know each other a little, they’ll ask me if it would be OK for them to bring in a personal gun or Grandpa’s old whatever and have me take a look. When I can fit it in (always) it’s an honor and a pleasure to do this for these guys that do one of society’s toughest jobs.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    “Mr. Armorer Sir, can you take a look at my 1911…?”
    This week in Patrol Rifle class. What do you suppose happened here? The thing that always brings this result….. a squib. I didn’t get really clear info on conditions when it happened but this always makes me think, “Do your tap-rack-bang only after careful consideration and don’t try to set a world speed record doing it unless the zombie is almost on top of you!”

I love it when after a few days of class the students realize why I’m really there, and we all get to know each other a little, they’ll ask me if it would be OK for them to bring in a personal gun or Grandpa’s old whatever and have me take a look. When I can fit it in (always) it’s an honor and a pleasure to do this for these guys that do one of society’s toughest jobs.
    A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+

thank you for your SERVICE!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well just to be clear I am and have always been a civilian. But I am proud to be OF service to these guys and others!

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Ned, many moons ago my dad had a Colt Delta Elite 10mil that had feeding issues. He got a local smith to change the barrel with no fix to the feeding issues. I called and spoke to you. We sent in the barrel, gun (hell I don't recall) and you performed your magic, and the gun never missed a beat after that. After my dad passed, a close family friend's son wanted that gun, and he got it. He carried it on duty from time to time but still going strong. That would have been sometime early 2000s.

thank you sir!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So the Bondo never flaked off? Glad to hear it!

But seriously glad to hear it and that it went on duty.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We had a guy blow up a PCC, nice PCC with I think a double charge with SRP on deck. Didn't get full detailes, but heard the explosion and saw the aftermath. I think it was a double charge but not 100% there wasn't a squib.

It jacked his PCC 100%.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Hey Ned, is that a stainless barrel by any chance?

The thing that always brings this result….. a squib.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My first question too, and, yes. Although I don't think any barrel would have gone undamaged. My guess, you're thinking a carbon steel barrel would have bulged without splitting, I agree.

Feedback Score
    Although I don't think any barrel would have gone undamaged. My guess, you're thinking a carbon steel barrel would have bulged without splitting, I agree.
    You read my mind. Unless the bullet from a squib round is just barely big enough to keep it in the barrel, there's little chance that the barrel will survive undamaged.

Quick story. Back in my GI days my company was on the rifle range shooting M16s. I was behind the firing line observing and just happened to look over at one of the guys just in time to witness the explosion that occurred in his rifle. The best I was able to figure out was that he had somehow left a live round in the chamber then attempted to chamber another round from the magazine. That second round impacted the primer of the round already in the chamber causing the ka-boom.

Page 670 of 674 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670671672 ... LastLast