Page 144 of 674 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 6737

Thread: The 1911 Handgun Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_s View Post
    So, I just got THIS as an anniversary present. Build on a Caspian Frame/Slide with a KKM Barrel, all done by Dave Erickson of Condition One Pistolsmithing. The photos are his, not mine, as my camera work is rather lacking.

Needless to say, I'm rather eager to get to the range...
    -Adam
    That's magnificent! I especially like the little details, like the relief on the right grip for the hammer pin and the way he indexed the grip screws.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Wilson CQB

Springfield 9mm

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    This is a Springfield Armory custom carry built by the Springfield Custom Shop. The work they do is outstanding. It is currently back at Springfield Custom for a host of 10-8 parts and front strap checkering. I also have a Colt with MARS guns for a full on build which I will post up when done.

Sorry for the photographs, I am no photo wizard.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cylindros View Post
    This is a Springfield Armory custom carry built by the Springfield Custom Shop. The work they do is outstanding. It is currently back at Springfield Custom for a host of 10-8 parts and front strap checkering. I also have a Colt with MARS guns for a full on build which I will post up when done.

Sorry for the photographs, I am no photo wizard.
    Beautiful gun! I love the Custom Carry and want to place an order soon. What finish is currently on the gun and are you having it refinished while its at the Custom Shop?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
    Beautiful gun! I love the Custom Carry and want to place an order soon. What finish is currently on the gun and are you having it refinished while its at the Custom Shop?
    The photo shows the original finish of the gun which is flat black armory kote (springfield's spray on finish). I am having the gun re-finished the same. flat black armory kote looks very much like parkerizing, but has the extra rust protection of finishes like black-t and the like. I like it a little better than the more glossy standard armory kote.

You won't be dissapointed if you choose to have them build you a custom carry. I have owned both Baers and Wilsons, and the custom carry is easily a match for those guns, and in some ways much better (fit and finish). The custom carry is built exactally to the same specs as the FBI Pro model, just minus black-t, mag well and ambi safety.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Nighthawk Talon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I generally don't care for Nighthawks due to the gawdy logos and front slide serrations; however, your gun looks clean and might I say superb. Well done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Nighthawk Talon
    Nice and clean, that is a sexy 1911!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    In case anyone is keeping score, Cameron just won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Cameron won again.

Feedback Score
    I have thoroughly enjoyed these 72 pages of some of the nicest pistols that I have ever seen. I would like to get some opinions if I could on the Dan Wesson pistols (Commander Classic Bobtail), are they GTG or would my money be better spent on a Springer Operator?
    Thanks,
    John
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Page 144 of 674 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244644 ... LastLast