Page 147 of 674 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 6737

Thread: The 1911 Handgun Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdunn View Post
    a delta elite, ,s&w,kimber, and colt officers model
    Dude, what are the grips on the Kimber (3rd from left), and where can I order some?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Thanks. That's what I was thinking, but they looked like micarta, not G-10. Must be the lighting.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPLOETHOS View Post
    Thank you Sir.

I prefer the Videcki Long Match specimen on a Custom NOVAK Combat Commander pictured below which is the original Trigger that was ripped off/copied.

Hard to find them these days but they are around and not unobtanium...

Here's some more (4) MARS Custom specimen's Steve has done for me.

Chuck Roger's does a SUPERB Golf Ball MSH as well.

Very nice! I had not seen the original trigger before. I like how he drilled the set screw through the hole of the 3 hole skeleton trigger. I like the traditional Videki Vickers/Yam trigger that is on my Vickers Recon.

I agree Rogers does some very nice work. I have seen a good bit of his stuff on LTW... He builds a nice hard use 1911...

John Harrison is my guy, but there are a dozen or so Master 1911 smiths that you can't go wrong with these days.

You have some very nice hard use 1911's...

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Very nice! I had not seen the original trigger before. I like how he drilled the set screw through the hole of the 3 hole skeleton trigger. I like the traditional Videki Vickers/Yam trigger that is on my Vickers Recon.

I agree Rogers does some very nice work. I have seen a good bit of his stuff on LTW... He builds a nice hard use 1911...

John Harrison is my guy, but there are a dozen or so Master 1911 smiths that you can't go wrong with these days.

You have some very nice hard use 1911's...
    Thank you Sir.

A passion of mine and character flaw....

I live it every day because I use and work w/ them.

Agreed, those are all VERY talented smith's and my reference was specifically only for the Golf ball type of work I know of or have seen to date.

All the other smith's you are immensely talented no doubt.

That Harrison DVC pictured above is flat out gorgeous etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPLOETHOS View Post
    I prefer the Videcki Long Match specimen on a Custom NOVAK Combat Commander pictured below which is the original Trigger that was ripped off/copied....
    While it was copied by some, Videcki retired and sold the tooling and rights to Bob Greider. Greider makes them as OEM for most of the companies that sell triggers.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Berryhill View Post
    While it was copied by some, Videcki retired and sold the tooling and rights to Bob Greider. Greider makes them as OEM for most of the companies that sell triggers.
    Thanks for the factoid! I hope your business is thriving these days, you certainly do some excellent work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Feedback Score

Daddy gets a Pony for Christmas!

I have always wanted a Colt 1911 and finally I have one. The fit and finish is perfect and it only had approx. 200 rounds through it and was a safe queen. The prior owner is a man who knows his Colts and took very good care of this one.
    Thanks Wes!

John

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Page 147 of 674 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247647 ... LastLast