Page 149 of 674 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 6733

Thread: The 1911 Handgun Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Nice pistol. Your first order of business should be to swap out the thumb safety.... They didn't take the time to properly bevel it and it is horrible...

Not sure whether that part, or the duck bill GS is the worst part Colt ever made...

Nice Colt.
    Thank you, yes there are a couple of parts that I want to change but I need to shoot it first and see what works and what needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by varoadking View Post
    I like the grips - are they factory, and if not, do you know where they came from?
    Yes they are factory and some of the nicest grained Rosewood that I have seen.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    I guess it's the TALO version of the WWI repro:

I will probably send this one to Steve Morrision for a "Retro" package, eventually.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    I guess it's the TALO version of the WWI repro:

I will probably send this one to Steve Morrision for a "Retro" package, eventually.
    Interesting pistol. Its kinda a blend of pistols... I like it!

Here is a "retro" John Harrison did for me on a WWI Repro..

Feedback Score
    Beautiful pistol, Patrick!

And you're correct, the TALO pistols are not M1911s/WWIs, they are closer to the M1911A1/WWII pistol.

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don't give them a tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    My newly arrived almost twins, well cousins actually.

On the left is my Les Baer Premier II and on the right is my Colt, Government MKIV, Series 70 made in 1978. I got both from a local gun shop. They were on consignment. The LB had only about 500 rounds through it and the Colt even less.

Last edited by 84B20; 12-30-09 at 18:45.
    NRA Life Member, JPFO member, NAGR member, 2nd Amendment Foundation member and Life Member of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 996

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Interesting pistol. Its kinda a blend of pistols... I like it!

Here is a "retro" John Harrison did for me on a WWI Repro..
    [MG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/DSC00238.jpg[/IMG]
    [MG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/DSC04900.jpg[/IMG]
    [MG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/18293363863.jpg[/IMG]
    [MG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/18293363871.jpg[/IMG]
    [MG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/18293363865.jpg[/IMG]
    Gorgeous 1911! I wouldn't be able to bring myself to shoot such a masterpiece.

I'm thinking just doing the following to mine:

Better front sight (w/ tritium)
    Widen/deepen the rear sight notch
    Replace all MIM parts (I think there are only 3, the sear & mag catch being 2 of them)
    Stake plunger tube
    Bevel magwell
    Replace MSH with a straight serrated one
    Spare parts fitted (3 extractors, 1 slide stop, 1 oversized FP stop & anything else the smith recommends)
    Better fitting bushing
    Reliability job

That's it on the list for now! I'll even keep the stock grips, as they'd have to be splintered the F up to affect function IMO!
    Last edited by QuickStrike; 12-30-09 at 18:26.

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    Gorgeous 1911! I wouldn't be able to bring myself to shoot such a masterpiece.

I'm thinking just doing the following to mine:

Better front sight (w/ tritium)
    Widen/deepen the rear sight notch
    Replace all MIM parts (I think there are only 3, the sear & mag catch being 2 of them)
    Stake plunger tube
    Bevel magwell
    Replace MSH with a straight serrated one
    Spare parts fitted (3 extractors, 1 slide stop, 1 oversized FP stop & anything else the smith recommends)
    Better fitting bushing
    Reliability job

That's it on the list for now! I'll even keep the stock grips, as they'd have to be splintered the F up to affect function IMO!

I wouldn't change anything that can't be changed back to original, especially on a limited run. If I were you I would get some Colt 3 dot sights that use the same dovetail and staking, once you go milling a slide there is no going back, and I guarantee that will hurt if you ever want to sell that gun.
    "Fear The Man With Only One Rifle"

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    [QUOTE=d90king;Here is a "retro" John Harrison did for me on a WWI Repro..

Superb specimen.
    Looks really nice !

DROOL...

Feedback Score
    I know it's nothing special but I really like it. For a factory gun it's got a great trigger and plenty accurate.

This picture was taken after my Utah CCW class. This was only the second time I ran my 1911. 20 rounds from 15, 7 and 3 yards. I know with a little more work I can bring those shots to the right. lol All in all I'm happy with it.

Ken
    Last edited by aslink; 08-30-10 at 14:11.
    I joined the Army, when I took the service exam my psych profile fit a certain moral flexibility.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aslink View Post
    I know it's nothing special but I really like it. For a factory gun it's got a great trigger and plenty accurate.

This picture was taken after my Utah CCW class. This was only the second time I ran my 1911. 20 rounds from 15, 7 and 3 yards. I know with a little more work I can bring those shots to the right. lol All in all I'm happy with it.

Ken
    It's interesting you show this photo. I have a similar one only I didn't shoot the 1911. I bought the Colt Government MKIV, Series 70 that was manufactured in 1978 but was never really used. It was on consignment at a local gun shop and I decided to buy it because I wanted an older model. Unfortunately there were serious problems with it. It had numerous FTF's and FTE's. Long story short, I sent it to Colt's custom shop and had them repair it.

They were able to do the repair as well as do a reliability package and sent back the test results. This it the target they sent. What was remarkable was the fact they went the extra mile and tested it with both FMJ's (which is what this target is and JHP's. They indicated that the JHP's (230 gr) were shooting a bit high and suggested using a 185 gr to compensate. That's what I call service. By the way, the whole job took only about 4 weeks round trip and that included installing Trijicon sights.

NRA Life Member, JPFO member, NAGR member, 2nd Amendment Foundation member and Life Member of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 996

Page 149 of 674 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249649 ... LastLast