Page 3 of 674 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: The 1911 Handgun Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    No handgun board is complete without a 1911 handgun picture thread.

Please post some pictures of your favorites.
    Couldn't agree with you more!!!

Feedback Score
    Bigbore,

(As in ADCO, Bigbore?)

Nice Rock River 1911. It looks well used.
    Which model is it?

Did you do the mods to the magwell?

Regards,

Jim

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...2504821871.jpg

One of mine by Don Williams at The Action Works, scallops by Chuck Rogers. It doesn't look quite this nice anymore, it has been run hard and it has a liitle holster wear but it still shoots better than I can.
    Steve.
    Edited to add sorry cant get the pic to show here's a link

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JFPATCH
    Bigbore,

(As in ADCO, Bigbore?)

Nice Rock River 1911. It looks well used.
    Which model is it?

Did you do the mods to the magwell?

Regards,

Jim
    Same Bigbore, I’m not a paying advertiser so I’m posting incognito, but don’t want to be called a troll, so I stuck with the name which, those who know, know….

In the last few years I’ve had RRA make batches of 1911s to my spec, which were pretty basic, and not as tight as their standard 1911s.
    Everything was fit nice but the edge of the thumb safety wasn’t as comfortable as I wanted, so I took a file to it and reshaped it to my boney hand. It came with a standard flat MSH, but I installed and ground the extended S&A MSH/magwell as I wanted. I say “ground” because it was “ground” and not “fit”. If you like clean meaningless lines on a 1911, you’ll hate this, my concern is function.
    I replaced the stock barrel/bushing with a 6” KART barrel and bushing that I “fit” to the slide for the suppressor. It looks like hell, has a ton of holster wear(I practice from the holster), but it works great. I’ve basically retired from 1911 shooting (my wrist can’t take it), but I’m doing a lot of shooting with my weak hand now, and the suppressor really reduces the recoil making it pleasant to shoot again.

The light rail came from Yost-Bonitz, and its another recent add on.

Feedback Score
    Nice set up Steve.

I still wish Crimson Trace would offer their grips with no angle cut at the bottom. Although only for looks, I think they'd look alot better if they fit flush against an S&A magwell.

Edit to fix dumbness.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    bigbore,

It looks like good, honest wear.

I've heard that Rock River builds their 1911s tight, but I have never seen one to know. I have also heard that they are too often over looked.

I like the way that you've set it up. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Jim

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My POS overpriced Wilson Service Grade Protector that never had a malf that wasnt related to a mag gone bad, works no matter how dirty, has never had a broken part, and shoots more accurately than I can:

I have a box stock Kimber Series I that acts as its back up.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Yes, you probably figured out who the internet persona I use on the other forum is when you saw my pistol. Please don't hold it against me! I just troll over there and argue these days....

I have a second, simpler 1911 based on a Series 70 Reissue coming before October, this time built by Jason Burton at Yost Bonitz. I guarantee you will see pictures, as this is part of a new project there....I have probably said too much already.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    heres one i just refinished for a freind Hay Snipe ya lookin ??

me mother died when i was young before i got me toung to the sweep i was aprenticed. weep weep, weep weep your chimneys now i sweep. and in soot i sleep

Thermo Arms inc FFL 07 SOT & hydro-graphic printed camos on moly and other types of coatings hydroprintservices.com

Page 3 of 674 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast