Page 438 of 674 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 6737

Thread: The 1911 Handgun Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I miss those little blood-squirting critters. They used to be everywhere when I was a boy.

Neat photos, Mr. Rogers.

Feedback Score
    He's a fat one.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Found him a better leash.
    Gemtech pistol lanyard fits him nicely.

Great pics Chuck! That guy is awesome!

Does he have a name?

Quote Originally Posted by BravoHotel View Post
    I like those grips. Can anyone tell me where to find them? Thanks!
    Not RH but they look like Lazza horned lizards if I'm not mistaken.

They go great with Horned toads too!
    Last edited by Ouroborous; 09-14-13 at 01:55.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My first 1911, and loving it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I miss those little blood-squirting critters. They used to be everywhere when I was a boy.

Neat photos, Mr. Rogers.
    I don't know where you're at in TX, but they've been makin' a comeback in central TX over the past few years. I lived in the Rio Grande Valley when I was a kid and we used to play with Horny Toads and Tarantulas at recess. Fun times.

Pic thread...

Feedback Score

Awesome

Seriously, this thread is the reason I love the 1911 platform so much. Awesome pieces, guys.

Pic thread:

Getting dirty at the range

There are few things I love more than a good, polished feed-ramp

Group shot with the wife's Mark III with a Tactical Solutions barrel, my Sig Tactical Operations 9mm and my Wilson CQB.
    Last edited by VarmintHunter; 09-14-13 at 12:02.

Feedback Score
    28 (97%)
    When I was 10, I opened up a book on sports and immediately flipped to the page about shooting sports, because on the right hand page was an image of the loveliest handgun I had yet seen… a 1911.

Fourteen years later… this one is mine. Hasn't been shot enough yet, but each trigger pull has been accompanied with a gigantic smile.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    New Toy

Kiowa pilot turned Hooker.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Kiowa pilot turned Hooker.

Feedback Score

I went a little 1911 crazy this week!

So I'm doing a bit of a direction change in my handgun collection and I've been without a 1911 for a bit so I thought I'd see what was out there. I've been looking online for a nice one and saw this SIG Stainless Carry posted for a nice price—it's not new but it's in nice shape and the previous owner had swapped out the factory trigger for one from Dlask Arms in British Columbia for what, to me, makes for a sharper looking pistol. I like SIG 1911s (although the two I owned previously I ended up selling) and I also like Commander-sized 1911s. I also had not owned an all-stainless steel pistol before so I went for it.

No range time yet but initial impressions are favourable. The trigger pull is very nice-—short, crisp, and with a much less-prominent feel of the Series 80 firing pin safety than other SIG 1911s I'd tried. I usually toss factory 1911 grips and add a set of VZs but these grips are very good—they're smooth where your thumb goes for easy access to the mag release but nicely checkered where your fingers go for a firm grip. The grips are also a very attractive brown/dark grey laminate wood. The 25-lines per inch frontstrap checkering is not bad, although I prefer 30 myself. Sights are easy to see Novak-style night sights.

I thought that'd be it...but the day after I paid for the SIG I see a NIB Les Baer Ultimate Tactical Carry for sale. The price is really good—for me it's $600 less than a new one including tax. I don't really need a second 1911, but I've been intrigued by Baer pistols for almost 20 years now, and since selling my Nighthawk GRP I've missed having a top-quality 1911, so I went for this one, too!

When they say that Baer pistols are tight when they're new it's no joke—I can barely rack the slide on this pistol! Past the initial 1/4" or so of rearward movement (after the barrel has unlocked) the slide gets much easier to retract. I replaced the slim wooden grips (which look and feel quite nice) with a set of VZ 320 grips in Black Desert Sand. I was worried these would be too smooth but they feel great, and I think the pattern complements the pistol nicely. For some reason I thought that Baers were matte blued, but this one has nicely polished flats. The trigger pull, of course, is beautiful, the night sights crisp an easy to pick up, and the 30-lpi (yay!) frontstrap makes for a comfortable yet very firm grip. I'll report back once I've had it out to the range. In the meantime...enjoy!

Page 438 of 674 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538 ... LastLast