Page 661 of 674 FirstFirst ... 161561611651659660661662663671 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 6733

Thread: The 1911 Handgun Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    Not a custom but still a shooter

Serial # manufacture date 1943, Ithaca frame, Colt slide and it still gets range time.

Feedback Score
    Double post?

Feedback Score
    Chuck’s pistols are simply breathtaking and he is even local to me, but sadly isn’t accepting any work.
    I really like that short triggers are frequently incorporated, and the black or grey all business finish and of course the hand and machine work is without peer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Amazing photography!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    "Raffle gun". Not "rifle gun" with an accent.... "raffle gun" .

I don't want to over-play this one but it's for such a great cause and I just found out when the end date for this raffle is, Dec. 1.

Just sayin' guys and gals, don't forget this "one weird trick to get a high-end custom 1911 for $25.00", and benefit a really good cause in the doing of it.

Check out Hunting With Heroes Wyoming.... what they do is simply awesome. It's an outfit well worth supporting, run by vets for disabled vets. Here's a bit about them from their site:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Our Mission
    At Hunting with Heroes Wyoming, it’s our mission to give back to our nations disabled veterans by honoring them with unique hunting, fishing and other outdoor experiences.
    We offer a progressive healing environment where disabled veterans are welcome and supported – a community where they can discover hope again, no matter what battles they continue to fight physically or emotionally.
    Hunting with Heroes was founded by veterans for veterans.

"I’m familiar with this program because we’ve had some of these Heroes hunt at our ranch. It’s a great opportunity for men and women who have served to have a special day, or couple of days, hunting and fishing."-- Wyoming Governor Matt Mead
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Here's a link to the place where you can maybe get a tikky or two:
    raffles - Hunting with Heroes
    huntingwithheroes.org huntingwithheroes.org

There is not a cap on the number of tickets sold but your chances on this are going to be way better than most things in life! Raffle closes Dec. 1 and the drawing is on Dec. 5.

HWH is not a great big outfit but I tell ya they are doing great things in a big way. This from a recent correspondence with them:
    "Over the course of the next couple of months we expect to provide approximately 250 big game hunts to disabled veterans — many who have been waiting for 2 years or more to hunt with us."

Help 'em out if you can and maybe gitcherseff a real nice package in the process.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Couple of guns for a Marine Lt. Colonel (now Colonel)... this is some older work, ca. 2000-2003.

They are both Springfields, one is a longslide in .45 Super. .45 Super is outwardly identical to .45 ACP, it’s just that the Super-marked brass is a little stronger so it can be loaded hotter. I don’t know much more about it than that and I don’t believe The Colonel (TC) has loaded and shot a whole lot of .45 Super; I’m sure this gun’s diet has been overwhelmingly .45 ACP. It has a ported, 6” barrel, and I believe SA no longer offers this model.

The other is a 5”. On this one I have checkered the frontstrap, fitted a Wilson barrel and adjustable sight (which I prototyped for them), and ribbed the top of the slide.
    They are well-used but they don’t show it—he has taken good care of them: "My weapons, my gear, me."

Here’s the frontstrap on the .45 Super. I just felt like doing something a little different that day I guess. Springfields tend to have a larger radius and good thick frontstrap area, so there was plenty to work with:

The slide top on the 5” with a rib and herringbone serration pattern.

And the S&A magwell.TC did the blending on this himself, and did a great job of it. He's a good hand with tools and is a shooting machine, this one.

Feedback Score
    Nice work & beautiful pistols! I'm a huge fan of .45 Super. (38 Supers as well) Been shooting it in a Colt Gov't model that Ace Hindman converted for me way back in '88.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    65371707806__52B6DE28-C47C-4479-9223-10CB426E43EB.jpg

My current two. Looking at purchasing a few more when time and money permit
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.
    If you want peace, prepare for War.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Good stuff. I reckon I need to get on the Stacatto train.

I have five tickets to give away on the above raffle. I just have to figure out what kind of hoop I want people to have to jump through

.....Spelling contest? Well, peeple that can't speel deserve a chanse too..... anyway, Google.

.....1911 trivia? Same thing..... most of that could be searched.

......3,000-word dissertation on why we don't need more gun control....? That's preachin' to the choir and I don't want anyone wasting time doing that!

Pick numbers between 1 and 1000 and draw in a week? That might work.....

Any suggestions?

In the meantime...... not that many tickets have been sold. That's great news for people who want to get some now. Not great news for a wonderful charity that needs our support. For $25? You get something even if you don't get the awesome package, you get to help!

Feedback Score

Red Dot 1911's SA SR10

Page 661 of 674 FirstFirst ... 161561611651659660661662663671 ... LastLast