Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Snap On Tools! Worth The Price For A Torque Wrench For SCAR/MWS/MRP?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Its not about how it could be used, its about how it should be used.
    Really? That's what you have to say? Jesus Tap-dancing Christ!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I caught where edited a post to state you were done before you edited it out to not make yourself a liar.

Be done, or be made done.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    FYI for anyone reading this the issued SCARs come with Seekonk pre-set nonadjustable T-handle torque wrenches. I can't remember the torque spec off the top of my head but it's in the manual.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teombe View Post
    Why has this piece of info been pretty much ignored?

The CDI torque wrenches are literally the exact same models (Snap-on owns CDI), for roughly half the price. If you buy a Snap-on torque wrench, you are simply paying for the tool truck guy to do on-the-spot warranty. If the tool truck doesn't come by your house, then don't bother with the higher price on this particular item.

Buy smart, folks.

www.toolsdelivered.com is the best place to get these.
    Tools Delivered is where I got my last CDI torque screwdriver, best price I could find.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 05-27-12 at 09:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know this is an old thread but I was looking at getting a torque wrench and just stumbled upon it. Anyway I just found out O'reily, Autozone and probably other similar stores loan out tools. They just require a refundable deposit. No idea how much or how long. Just thought I would throw that out there for other folks like me only doing the occasional build.
    Last edited by TheWaker43; 08-25-12 at 12:34. Reason: spelling and grammer

Feedback Score

snapon tools

a regular 1/4 inch snapon ratchet will cost you around 100 bucks. if you can afford them snapon tools are profesional grade and some of the best tools made.I have been an avionics technician for 30 years and have worked with many mechs that have more than 30k invested in tools alone.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWaker43 View Post
    Anyway I just found out O'reily, Autozone and probably other similar stores loan out tools. They just require a refundable deposit. No idea how much or how long. Just thought I would throw that out there for other folks like me only doing the occasional build.
    You also have no idea on what the people who used them before you did with them or when they were last calibrated.

Feedback Score
    aka Strap-on

Some of the best quality tools you can get. I don't recommend them unless you use tools for a living. When I worked at the stealership, Snap-on and Matco would stop by once a week. It was convenient if you had broken tools, and they had financing options for who needed tools but couldn't afford them.

Think that's bad start looking at their toolboxes, $10,000 easy
    Last edited by JRas; 08-26-12 at 10:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Snapon tools are nice but awfully pricey. You may want to call LMT and see who they would recommend? That way you could price compare the different makers.
    Ha! I have an MRP, LMT makes a fantastic firearm, however I wouldn't ask them what wrench they recommend, look what they sent the first time! That thing is JUNK! Snap-On is pricey but is also top tier in the tool market, if you can afford to own it then Snap-On is the way to go!

Fetep

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I use the Effetto Mariposa Torque wrench on my MRP's.. it's perfect for the job, it's max torque setting is exactly the torque recommended by LMT. It's a fantastic size, with great build quality... on top of that, it's sold by REI, so if there's ever a problem REI will take care of it.

I highly recommend it. If you're semi patient you can do as I did, and wait till their twice (I believe) annual 20% off sale and get a great deal on a great piece of kit.

http://www.rei.com/brand/Effetto+Mariposa

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678