Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine Corps Bootcamp In 10 Days

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do what you are told to do, when you are told to do it, and how you are told to do it. Do not try and be the Guide for the platoon, also do not stand out. Training schedule is helpful as hell, and try not to watch the graduations going on if you are in 1st or 2nd Battalion. Go to church every weekend, but don't use it as a place to dick off. DI's have eyes every were and most are funnier than Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy etc.....but by God do not laugh at any of their jokes.

Have fun, drink water, and zero

Feedback Score
    I'm an Army man, but my .02

Don't be smart. Turn your brain off a little bit and do what you are told. Don't try to figure out a better way, do it the way you are shown.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    You'll learn a lot of acronyms. The most important one is S.K.A.T.E.

S= Seek Cover
    K= Keep Quiet
    A= Act Busy
    T= Take it,
    E= Easy

Tell your DIs you know that one already and you'll be on the fast track to a perfect PFT!
    Sage advice. Skating is a high artform, mastery requires lots of OJT and prac app.

OP, make sure to ask your DI's what thier favorite Terminal Lance comic is. When the DI tell you to molest the **** out of the crown on your barrel with a steel cleaning rod and you know better, just do it, bc thousands of assholes before did the same,and you're not hurting anything.

On a real note, being the nameless ghost recruit is sound advice. When you, like me, made it do week 9 before your DI says "who the **** are you,get out of my squadbay" you did a good job.

Dont talk like your DI's,or your gunny. "Freggin dam" shouldnt be used to fill the void in your illiterate retardese vocab.
    Dont buy those stupid digi backpacks at SOI.
    Dont go to stripclubs in SOI. The strippers know you are boots, and will rob you blind.
    Dont go to the Jville mall in combat boots during SOI.
    Don't travel in a huge pack of dudes wearing said digi backpacks on libbo.
    Dont wear your ESS glasses outside of training.
    Dont buy white oakleys.besides not being authorized in uniform,they let people know you are a douche-bro.
    If your going to buy oakleys(you will),wait till after SOI and by them from usstandardissue.com. Get ones you can replace the lenses, bc you will scratch them if they arnt stollen first.
    Dont let people steal your shit. Marines steal anything they can.
    Dont buy tshirts that have anything to do with the military ie"motogear" unless this shirt says "F2S Consulting" on it.
    Dont buy a car in jville period. Dont buy anything with a credit card. If you dont already have one, dont get one now.
    Dont start dipping/smoking just because everyone else is. You will save a lot of money over your fellow boots.
    Dont get a tattoo of a m16 that goes from your shoulder to your wrist.
    Don't marry that stipper that just took all your money, she will continue to do soo and wont stop there.
    Get the lowest,most conservative looking haircut you can without getting yelled at. Not everyone loves the military, specifically bars in college towns within driving distance of mil bases.
    Dont buy into the groupthink and retain your personal values.

If you get stationed at Lejuene and want to go shooting, PM me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NUTT View Post
    I'm an Army man, but my .02

Don't be smart. Turn your brain off a little bit and do what you are told. Don't try to figure out a better way, do it the way you are shown.
    I can assure you Marines have 0 problem doing all the things you mentioned. Some of them do these things for 20!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    I can assure you Marines have 0 problem doing all the things you mentioned. Some of them do these things for 20!
    If and when you go out on libbo from that wonderful place of SOI, don't contemplate going UA. It will only lead to disaster. SOI is a shitty place, they give you just enough freedom for you to question "why the hell did I sign this contract". Also if you go to a strip club or bar in town, distance yourself from the dumbass who is telling everyone he is a Recon guy or MarSOC, that will only lead to disaster. Get ready for sugar cookies at PI

On the spreading edge of the butter knife
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Parris Island. In June. Good times.

For the love of everything holy, do not interrupt the feeding of the sand fleas.

Do not try to enlighten the Marine Corps with your brilliance. There is NO better way to do things than the way you are instructed to do it.

However smart you think you are, you do NOT know what's coming next. Don't anticipate the command - and I'm not just talking about on the drill field.

Attention to detail. I could write several pages on that alone. Nothing is "close enough".

Good luck.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Do not lend large sums of money "until the payday" to anyone... I've seen some real lowlifes in the Army bootcamp.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The OP has been at bootcamp for a while, he can't see these posts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    He posted on 5/25/12, stated he will be leaving in 10 days. Is my math not so good this early in the morning?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    The OP has been at bootcamp for a while, he can't see these posts.
    Most advice one really needs is for after the bootcamp.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast