Thread: Ko-Tonics barrell?

Feedback Score

Ko-Tonics barrell?

Im looking at them pretty hard for a build i have going in 6.8 SPC. Are they as good as claimed? I read some good reports on a couple of other forums.

Feedback Score
    Doc GKR says they are very good. He should know and I would trust anything he says.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I have the 18" 6.8 and am very satisfied, accurate with 110gr Pro-Hunter and 115gr OTM from SSA. You can't go wrong with Ko-tonics, their customer service is the best that I have ever encountered in the 6.8 world. Call Tim (owner) he is very friendly. I must have called and spoke with him 4 times at lenght before I ordered. He even helped me with a mag problem, even though I did not get the problem mags from him. Again, I have had nothing but a positive experience with Ko-tonics.

Feedback Score
    I have all 3 of his current model barrels. 16" mid weight, 16" lightweight and 18"
    I bought the standard 16" barrel first and got sub MOA groups right out of the box with SSA's 115grn OTM enhanced frag round. It is the most accurate AR I own. I went right out an bought the other two uppers in short order. The 16" lightweight is now my primary CQB weapon.

All of my Ko-Tonics barrels are chrome lined, Improved SAMMI chamber and 4 groove rifling so they can handle the hottest combat loads. He developed this combination in conjunction with Art at SSA and the other barrel manufactures are just begining to catch up.

The Ko-Tonics barrels are a fantastic value.

I happen to live in NC just a few hours from Ko-Tonics and was able to stop in and meet with Tim before I decided to buy. He is a great guy, a true innovator and champion of the round. All he does is 6.8 SPC.

I strongly suggest you call him if you haven't already. He will gladly spend as much time as is needed to answer all of your questions about his stuff, the history and possible future for the round etc. Tim's son wears the Combat Infantryman Badge from his tour in Iraq with the 82nd. He is one of us.

Best of luck with what ever you choose. My 6.8's are my favorite AR's now.

Feedback Score
    Ko-Tonics is 20 min's from my home. Tim is a great guy and took a huge leap with his 1/11 twist 4 lans barrels.

Tim looked at the green hill formula and looked at the SMLE, M1903, M98, and other proven combat rifles. After doing this and truly studying what the 6.8 SPC needs he did the 1/11 4 lan barrel.

Between that and the gas port hole and mid gas system Ko-Tonics is the only real option out there right now for the right 6.8 SPC.

John