Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you get a SIG 556 in 552 SWAT config?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Can you get a SIG 556 in 552 SWAT config?

I feel that I am completely set on my preferred weapons and accessories. I have recently started branching out to weapons that I consider "good", and that I'd like to have.

So I am looking at the SIG 556, and I hate the long rifle configuration. The SWAT configuration looks like an abortion, gone wrong.

Now, with that out of my system, can I get a SIG 556 and retrofit it down to 552 SWAT config? Or are there any SIG dealers who carry an LE registered SBR version, non-auto of course, who will sell to civvies like me on a Form 4?

If you say something like the SIG 556 sucks, I expect there will be a full explanation. I have already addressed their looks. I know what I see, and I don't need other opinions on how it looks.

Primary consideration is that it's an SBR that is the same length as the 552 SWAT.

Like this, minus the marginal optic of course:

Last edited by SHIVAN; 01-12-08 at 19:31.

Feedback Score

SIG experience

I have a 556 and I like it but it's the shorty version you seem to dislike. It's not as accurate as an AR and requires carefully loaded 77 grain bullets for best results. It's tough as nails though and dead reliable. I am new to the 1:7twist. I'm used to the 1:9 and I've loaded for this twist for years. Once I find the sweet load I'll make a huge batch for this beast. Any other factory stuff just dissapopints. I see the SIG as a finely made, slightly too heavy Aimpoint sighted AK. It is an AK under the hood, after all. It's a rifle you have to work with to get the most from.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hirsh View Post
    I have a 556 and I like it but it's the shorty version you seem to dislike.
    I want a 552 SWAT configuration SIG 556. I believe that it's an 8.6" barrel.

Feedback Score

SIG

I have the 16" Bbl. I wish it were more like the 550 but times have changed and we have to hang things all over our guns these days.

Feedback Score
    I see pics floating around of the pistol version that is to be released. Might be more along the lines of what you are looking for. SBR it and see what kind of stocks come to market. At least that is what I plan to do.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt6920 View Post
    I see pics floating around of the pistol version that is to be released.
    Interesting, I had not seen a pistol version yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Interesting, I had not seen a pistol version yet.
    From SHOT Show '07:

Unfortunately, the only update on these since then has been "not any time soon"...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Well, there it is.....

Wonder how I missed it at SHOT...?
    Last edited by SHIVAN; 01-13-08 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Feedback Score
    SIG posted this same gun (again) on their website 2 months ago for about a week and they took pulled it off after that. Could that be a sign?

I've said it last year, and again I want one. Some folks here said why not get this or that etc etc...but I want this one dammit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast