Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: SIONICS Weapon Systems

Feedback Score
    Prove me wrong then or, you could wait till after I get more info from the gents at Krieger.

I'll assume you'll take their word for it eh?

(Done with this till after I get info from them.)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think all the manufacturers of high quality barrels that already stamp their barrels have proven you wrong. I'll take the late John Noveske's word ...
    Last edited by matt7184; 02-03-13 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hammer_Man View Post
    Prove me wrong then or, you could wait till after I get more info from the gents at Krieger.

I'll assume you'll take their word for it eh?

(Done with this till after I get info from them.)
    Please...just stop posting "hypotheses" until you've actually concocted one.

You never made a statement with two VERY important criteria in it, IF and THEN.

WHEN you've spoken to Krieger, get back to us. Until then, can actual owners of these uppers/guns get back on track and post their feedback?

As an owner, my feedback was given, i want my future purchases to have marked barrels. Start another thread if you really must present your unsubstantiated theories based upon your extensive gunsmithing background.

Feedback Score
    All this debate for barrel markings. Seems a little... well... TOS-ish.
    If you buy a barrel from a reputable mfg, who cares if its marked or not. If you need markings, buy a barrel with markings if that makes you feel better.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I care. As do people who buy on the second hand market. I want to see info on how the chamber is cut, the rifling twist, material used to make barrel.

Sionics can decide what they want to do. As someone who has multiple uppers from them, I would say that the little stamp doesn't add much to the process and gives people piece of mind. And yes, I will decide with my wallet when I purchase more uppers and barrel stampings, that give me as a shooter data about the barrel, are a factor to me as a consumer.
    Last edited by matt7184; 02-03-13 at 14:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    I care. As do people who buy on the second hand market. I want to see info on how the chamber is cut, the rifling twist, material used to make barrel.

Sionics can decide what they want to do. As someone who has multiple uppers from them, I would say that the little stamp doesn't add much to the process and gives people piece of mind. And yes, I will decide with my wallet when I purchase more uppers and barrel stampings, that give me as a shooter data about the barrel, are a factor to me as a consumer.
    Cool stuff if you care about markings. Why i said if markings make u feel better, go for it. Anyways, all this about markings has completely derailed this thread. Can only kill a horse once, and beating on it after its dead won't do anything.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    Cool stuff if you care about markings. Why i said if markings make u feel better, go for it. Anyways, all this about markings has completely derailed this thread. Can only kill a horse once, and beating on it after its dead won't do anything.
    You do realize this is a thread about sionics products right? Particularly a barrel that up until recently had no markings.

Feedback was given, the manufacturer noted it and they made a change. We discussed said change on an internet discussion forum and we are awaiting further talking points from a dude that speculated pretty hard.

Im not sure how this is beating a dead horse....

Since i OWN one of these uppers, this discussion is RELEVANT to ME.
    Last edited by Magsz; 02-03-13 at 18:19.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Would it be remotely possible to keep the crux of the topic on track and not about barrel markings?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SIONICS Weapon Systems

Sorry to further feed the derail, and I pray IraqGunz doesn't whoop my ass for it, but if something like marking a barrel would hurt the harmonics, wouldn't a process like dimpling a barrel (a process done by some of the best) completely destroy the harmonics then?

This Sionics weapon looks great. Thanks for the video, IG. I'll look hard at one of their barrels for my next ASSAULT WEAPON build once the madness chills out.

Feedback Score
    According to the people I spoke to at Krieger and Criterion Barrels yesterday all roll marking is done after the heat treat and is actually one of the last steps in barrel production.

Criterion roll marks on their barrels back by the barrel extension and in front of the breech area. They said they do it there because puting it out one the muzzle end would, in their words, have a negative effect on accuracy. Mumbo jumbo???? I dunno.. but they do produce one of the best chrome lined chrome moly barrels in the USA.

According to the guys at Krieger it is safe to roll mark near the muzzle. Apparently stainless is more forgiving in this regard.

Now onto how they do it...

Both companies use a press to letter mark their barrels. Not a hammer and punch

Edited to add: While I was on the phone with Criterion Barrels I put in an order for a number of their barrels. Lead time is mid-June. Can't wait

I got told, loudly, that they'd never "hammer on one of our barrels like that".

Why not? Because it would do exactly like I described in an earlier post.. the metal would distort towards the tool/hammer.

There now.. I feel a whole lot better knowing the how and when of this part of the barrel making process. I hope you do to.

Just a question? Has anyone pulled their rail off their Sionics to see if the roll mark is under the handguard?
    Last edited by The_Hammer_Man; 02-05-13 at 15:18.

Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast