Page 119 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1308

Thread: SIONICS Weapon Systems

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Not sure what your question is, but we don't "match" uppers and lowers. They are made to a spec and will vary in tolerance as most do. We don't concern ourselves with a little play because it has ZERO impact on function.

Quote Originally Posted by me2hootyhoo View Post
    Has anyone here bought the upper and lower separate? I want a nice fit with the receivers, but I can save money and get exactly what I want by pinning it together myself.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    What determined your gas port sizes? Do you start out with a certain diameter and keep reducing it until you reach a failure point? Or are there other tests?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post

Picked up the new Patrol 3E at lunch today and stuck the Viper on it. Bathroom scale says about 8lbs unloaded using me as the tare. The balance with the medium contour barrel is right at the mag well. The two stage trigger is very nice. Overall quality and craftsmanship is superb.
    I waited until full resolution before updating here.

I took the rifle as pictured to the indoor range 5 min from my office on 4/5 to zero the optic and run a handful of 30rd mags through the gun to check function. I was working through the first magazine (Gen 2 PMag supplied by Sionics) of Speer 64gr GD making scope adjustments on 3 shot groups. After about 15rds I had a double-feed. After 4 more rounds I had another doublefeed. Then I had a failure to feed (fail to strip).

I switched to a 30rd Okay with Federal XM193 and the symptoms continued, then onto another Okay with XM193 which behaved the same.

I called the Sionics shop and told them what was going on. They immediately sent me a paid UPS label and I sent the gun off to them. Once they received it they called me to bring me up to speed. They said they took everything apart and the tolerances on the gas block and tube were within spec, but on the edge of the spec, so could be potential tolerance stacking issue.

They rebuilt with fresh parts and put some rounds through it at the shop with no issues. I don't remember what all they said they were doing, but I think it was a different gas block, tube, and Springco blue buffer spring.

They asked if I was cool letting them keep it over the weekend so they could take it to the range and put more rounds through it. I told them they were welcome to wear it out - the more the better.

The following Monday they called to tell me they had put a bunch of mags through it with zero malfunctions, and they had videoed the gun to show me if I wanted it. They gave it to UPS that day and it I got it back Tuesday this week.

I went to the range today and re-zeroed the optic with 64gr GD (The Brownells isn't QD but only needed 3 clicks of windage to return to zero). 30 rounds of GD through the PMag Sionics sent, and 5 Okays with XM193 with no issues. The medium contour barrel really controls heat well and doesn't get too hot even after 6 mags. The two-stage trigger is very nice considering I've only shot Colt mil-spec triggers in the past.

The point of the story is that Sionics has absolutely incredible customer service and the guys (Josh and Stephen) were great to deal with and got me squared away in less time than it took UPS to get the gun from me to them. It's quite a change of pace to call the Sionics shop and immediately speak to the same guys any time you dial them.

Also, always check and prove your gear no matter the manufacturer. Things happen.

I will be buying another Sionics rifle for my son in the near future and plan to give these guys my business when I need AR stuff. A+, highly recommended.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Always great to hear good CS stories.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last edited by grizzlyblake; 08-09-19 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Anyway, I'm amazed how svelte this gun is with just a LW barrel and no big LPVO on it. I'm actually considering having the other gun rebarreled as LW too.

I'll get them both out to the range tomorrow and at least prove function and zero the irons.

You'll be amazed by the accuracy out of it, too. My go-to/favorite carbine is a SIONICS Patrol 3E LW from back when they used the Centurion CMR M-Lok handguard. I love that gun. I watched IG (God rest his soul) build the upper as a class demo, it is now one of my prized possessions.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    God rest his soul?
    Did something tragic happen?
    That phrase usually implies someone has passed on.

Mark

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    God rest his soul?
    Did something tragic happen?
    That phrase usually implies someone has passed on.

Mark
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...and-Go-Fund-Me

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last edited by grizzlyblake; 08-09-19 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    Looks like copper anti-seize.

Page 119 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast