Page 28 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: SIONICS Weapon Systems

Feedback Score
    At the request of a couple of members, I decided to post up some pictures of my Sionics kit. First one is a straight from Sionics PMR (Perimeter Marksman Rifle) with an 18 inch Stainless barrel with 1/8 twist. The upper and lower are both cerakoted from Sionics in gun metal grey. The only change I made was the pistol grip (went from ergo grip to Magpul MOE+). It has an ALG Defense QMS trigger, Vltor receiver extension with a green Sprinco spring and an A-5 buffer with a Vltor Imod stock. I put a Vortex Viper PST 2.5x10 on it mounted in an ADM Recon mount. Here is a picture of it and my test target from the range. The PMR loves 69 grain SMK handloads and has shot very well with anything from M193, Winchester Ranger 64 grain PP, Hornady TAP 75 grain, Hornady V-Max 55 grain and SMK 69 grain. This group was shot prone using a ruck for a rest and a sand sock in the rear, so in other words the rifle is capable of slightly tighter groups using a sled and other controlled variables. The magazine was loaded with 10 rounds of home brewed 69 grain SMK's over IMR 4895 using CCI primers and a variety of different brass. The first shot was the one an inch to the right, I made my corrections with my dope and clicked 4 to the left. The rest of the magazine went into one sub .5 moa hole.

20140325_171910-1-1.jpg20140901_110409.jpg
    Certified AR Armorer among many other things.
    Semper Paratus Arms - 2014

Feedback Score
    The next one is a lightweight build I did in one of Iraqgunz's armorer classes. The build consists of the following: 16 inch lightweight melonited Sionics barrel 1/8 twist, BCM KMR 13 inch rail, Sadlak low pro .625 gas block, standard M-4 upper with feed ramps, Vltor A-5 kit with stock, buffer, tube and a green sprinco spring, ALG QMS trigger, Magpul MOE+ grip, Sionics standard NP3 coated BCG and Magpul MBUS Pro irons. I topped it with an Aimpoint Micro T-1 (2 moa) sitting in an ADM 1/3 co-witness QD mount. It weighed 5 lbs 14 ounces before the Aimpoint, and is the most comfortable carrying/handling rifle that I have. My next range trip, I am going to scope it and see what the accuracy potential is with more than a red dot. I did a quick zero at 50 yards using M193 (IMI / Independence) and then took it out to 100 where I shot this 5 round group. The 3 round 50 yard group is the one in red. The idea / vision for this build was lightweight, simple and minimalist. It turned out great and I am very happy with it. I had to watch over my back during the build as a couple of M4C mods were sitting behind me and so was a site sponser. They can attest to how it turned out and if they are back in the area anytime soon are more than welcome to shoot it.

KMR.jpg 20140830_170104.jpg 20140901_110415.jpg
    Certified AR Armorer among many other things.
    Semper Paratus Arms - 2014

Feedback Score
    Any eta on either of the 11.5" barrels?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryantx23 View Post
    At the request of a couple of members, I decided to post up some pictures of my Sionics kit. First one is a straight from Sionics PMR (Perimeter Marksman Rifle) with an 18 inch Stainless barrel with 1/8 twist. The upper and lower are both cerakoted from Sionics in gun metal grey. The only change I made was the pistol grip (went from ergo grip to Magpul MOE+). It has an ALG Defense QMS trigger, Vltor receiver extension with a green Sprinco spring and an A-5 buffer with a Vltor Imod stock. I put a Vortex Viper PST 2.5x10 on it mounted in an ADM Recon mount. Here is a picture of it and my test target from the range. The PMR loves 69 grain SMK handloads and has shot very well with anything from M193, Winchester Ranger 64 grain PP, Hornady TAP 75 grain, Hornady V-Max 55 grain and SMK 69 grain. This group was shot prone using a ruck for a rest and a sand sock in the rear, so in other words the rifle is capable of slightly tighter groups using a sled and other controlled variables. The magazine was loaded with 10 rounds of home brewed 69 grain SMK's over IMR 4895 using CCI primers and a variety of different brass. The first shot was the one an inch to the right, I made my corrections with my dope and clicked 4 to the left. The rest of the magazine went into one sub .5 moa hole.

20140325_171910-1-1.jpg20140901_110409.jpg
    That's impressive. ESPECIALLY for the price. Just damn! :-)
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    I've been looking for a good 11.5" upper to throw a KMR on and a can, looks like Sionics will fit the bill nicely. Is it possible to pick up an order straight from the source? I'm not too far from Tucson and I enjoy a good desert drive...

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Yes, and we should have some barrels available on the next 5-7 days. Things have been off track due to the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmitty View Post
    I've been looking for a good 11.5" upper to throw a KMR on and a can, looks like Sionics will fit the bill nicely. Is it possible to pick up an order straight from the source? I'm not too far from Tucson and I enjoy a good desert drive...

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I will spend what it takes for a duty gun, but for a fun project 8" blackout, I can't bring myself to spend noveske $$ so I'm hoping to find a cheaper, but quality, alternative

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    We have over a dozen LE agencies using our stuff to include the 11.5" barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    I will spend what it takes for a duty gun, but for a fun project 8" blackout, I can't bring myself to spend noveske $$ so I'm hoping to find a cheaper, but quality, alternative

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    IG,

Are pistol lowers + Sig brace in stock to purchase. I was about to order then thought I'd check first.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 12-11-14 at 03:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I might have talked about this before here but not sure.

A few months back towards the beginning of summer I was at Ben Avery Shooting Facility in North Phoenix. For you non Az people that is a HUGE shooting facility run by AZ Game and Fish. While I was there some guys a couple tables down had a couple ARs that at first I thought were full auto. Then after noticing the firing pace was slow I payed more attention and realized they were using that new third firing position bump fire trigger. I cant remember the name of the company right now but they have been talked about on this site multiple times. They turned out to be the owners of the company and were out testing their product. They were using Sionics rifles. From the looks on the Sionics website I want to say they were the Patrol Rifle II.

I began to talk with them and they told me how they originally had rifles from another local maker and were having major problems with the rifles just before SHOT Show 2014. At the last minute they purchased the Sionics rifles and took them to SHOT with their trigger. Those rifles shot thousands of rounds at SHOT show with zero problems. On top of that I watched them shoot up probably a case of M193 in about an hour with those rifles and never saw a malfunction. Hell I did several mag dumps testing out that trigger myself and the rifles ran smooth.

After seeing that, the specs of the rifles and knowing IraqGunz involvement with the company I would definitely say they are duty ready.

EDIT to add the trigger is TAC-CON 3MR
    Last edited by C-grunt; 12-11-14 at 03:52.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 28 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast