Page 77 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: SIONICS Weapon Systems

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    How the heck could you even tell the difference?

In other news, I got my new Sionics rifle out for a test drive today. Medcon 16" midlength barrel. It ran great, suppressed and unsuppressed, with wolf steel case, Prvi 223 and Prvi 5.56. And the NP3 BCG feels slick as snot after only a couple hundred rounds. I've never been a fan of coated carriers, but I could really get on board with these!

Question on the barrel & gas block combo: during assembly of the OEM upper, I centered the set screw over the dimple. This basically put the block against the shoulder of the gas journal instead of with a gap as I'm accustomed to doing. Is the gas block designed to make up for the width of a handguard cap?

The rifle functions great, so I'm not concerned about any possible gas flow restriction. Just curious about the gas block design you guys are using.
    Our blocks are sized to go against the shelf. So no worries.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    Our lowers are low shelf. Let me ask you something... Who makes Colt, FN, SOLGW, SIG, Noveske or BCM's lowers? Why would you ask that and even expect an answer...
    Love this answer!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearedHot View Post
    I'm looking at picking up a Sionics complete lower but was wondering if these lowers are high shelf or low shelf? Also, who makes them? They kind of look like Megas.
    I picked up a Sionics lower (assembled, no stock) from Tombstone. I don't know who made it, but it seems identical to my BCM and Colt lowers, except that all three seem to be slightly different shades of black. It fits with my Colt and BCM uppers. I haven't shot the uppers with the Sionics lower, but it function checks and mags drop free (even a couple troublesome Gen 1 PMag 30s that don't quite drop from the BCM).

As far as I can tell, it is in spec and assembled properly. That's pretty much all I want from a lower, so I'm happy.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Our blocks are sized to go against the shelf. So no worries.
    That's what I thought. I wasn't worried about it at all since it obviously was running well. That's great news in my book, as I'd much rather the block be sized to flush up against the shoulder than to stand off. I'm extremely pleased with the final product as a whole. Great design guys. That's just another one of those small "attention to detail" things that shows how well thought out the Sionics guns really are.

The one thing that I'll probably change is to step up to an A5H3 buffer. Other than that, it's perfect.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tesseract View Post
    I picked up a Sionics lower (assembled, no stock) from Tombstone. I don't know who made it, but it seems identical to my BCM and Colt lowers, except that all three seem to be slightly different shades of black. It fits with my Colt and BCM uppers. I haven't shot the uppers with the Sionics lower, but it function checks and mags drop free (even a couple troublesome Gen 1 PMag 30s that don't quite drop from the BCM).

As far as I can tell, it is in spec and assembled properly. That's pretty much all I want from a lower, so I'm happy.
    Thanks, that's precisely the type of info I was looking for.

Our lowers are low shelf. Let me ask you something... Who makes Colt, FN, SOLGW, SIG, Noveske or BCM's lowers? Why would you ask that and even expect an answer...
    I asked because there's not much info out there about your lowers. Sorry if you felt the question was out of line. For example, it was common knowledge that Gen 1 Noveske N4 lowers were made by CMT. I don't remember John Noveske getting defensive about it being open source info.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Very happy with mine and cleanup is a breeze - I have the three you listed including DD. At this point I would not hesitate to purchase anything Sionics.
    After cleaning mine for the first time, I need to buy about 5 more as easy as it was.

Even better is why does it even matter. If they're the correct material and in spec it doesn't really matter if monkeys make them in the alley behind your shop....

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Our blocks are sized to go against the shelf.
    Very cool.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Not sure if anyone has asked this yet, are the barrels hammer forged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine2k3 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has asked this yet, are the barrels hammer forged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, they are not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    Even better is why does it even matter. If they're the correct material and in spec it doesn't really matter if monkeys make them in the alley behind your shop....
    Our head of receiver production seems offended that he was called a monkey... Ceaser is an ape and likes his alley very much...lol

Dawn-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-Caesar-with-shotgun-570x427.jpg

Page 77 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast