Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M14 / M1A with an Aimpoint mounted...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 03humpalot View Post
    Another +1 to the Ultimak mount. Good piece of kit
    03humpalot,

Can you set your Aimpoint dot on the top of the front sight, cowitness with your setup? Also, is that one of those low 30mm mounts from Ultimak's web site - and any problems holding zero?

Feedback Score
    Another thing I forgot to mention, the increased size of the Ultimak mount dissipates heat better than the SA mount. The SA mount might as well be a heat sink. We have fielded the question of heat on the Aimpoint, and our testing shows no problems on either mounts, but some lesser quality sights are more susceptible to damage from the heat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
    03humpalot,

Can you set your Aimpoint dot on the top of the front sight, cowitness with your setup? Also, is that one of those low 30mm mounts from Ultimak's web site - and any problems holding zero?
    Roger dude it cowitnesses.
    Its an Aimpoint brand Low ring,and no issues with zero retention so far(been mounted since september with a few hundred rounds through it,nothing earth shattering round count wise).

I put 100 rounds through it as fast as i could acquire a sight picture for each shot and then immediately cheked point of impact at the 100 yard line(fired prone over sandbags). Point of impact was slightly over 1MOA higher than zero.

Good enough for Gub'mint work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12