Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to fit a T-1 on this rifle?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Is there a way to fit a T-1 on this rifle?

Just test fitting my upcoming SPR build here, and I was wondering if there was a way I could put an Aimpoint T-1 reflex sight on it. LaRue makes an adaptor that replaces one of the ring halves for use with Doctor Optic type units, but I want to use the T-1. The scope is a Nightforce with a 30mm tube. Is there an attachment that will clamp on the scope, like those night vision adaptors?
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Why not install a YHM dovetail angle mount at the rear of your 3:00 rail and mount the Micro to it?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Welcome to my quandary...

I have a very similar setup and wanted to have a CHEAP, SIMPLE "close range" sight that would work IN TANDEM with the NF scope rather than the usual BUIS that only works after scope/larue removal.

I think the T1 is more robust and reliable than the DR Optic, but that Larue add-on ring half is sweet too. So until I find enough $$$ to get a T1, I just point shoot the close in targets...

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post

Just test fitting my upcoming SPR build here, and I was wondering if there was a way I could put an Aimpoint T-1 reflex sight on it. LaRue makes an adaptor that replaces one of the ring halves for use with Doctor Optic type units, but I want to use the T-1. The scope is a Nightforce with a 30mm tube. Is there an attachment that will clamp on the scope, like those night vision adaptors?
    This works very well for me...

T-1 mounted on Tactical Night Vision Company SAR-3 ring mount. Tip the rifle a few degrees and the T-1 comes right into view, no change in cheekweld.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    lots of pics of aimpoint t-1's mounted on scopes with SAR on the other site's "new ar products" forum.

looks perfect.

I'm about to get a T-1 myself and considerring mounting options too...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Travis (Simplydynamic) is using 30mm picatinny rail ring on his Leupold to mount the T1. IIRC he got it from member Victor from TOS.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I saw a new rail mount designed to accomplish this same thing from a very reputable manufacturer. I'm not sure when the release date will be, but it was being T&E'd and was working quite nicely. It put the T1 in about the 1:30 position or so, and required very little movement to bring into action. Very nicely done and seemed to really be working well for the guy running it. I have a feeling we'll be seeing something on it after SHOT.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    I have used both the Yankee Hill 45 degree mount and the SAR3. Both are excellent products for this solution. Also, Aimpoint is also working on their own mount for this as well.

S/F

Feedback Score
    Keep your eye on DD.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I just contacted LaRue and they said they have no plans to make their mount T-1 compatible.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast