Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 ever being released..?

Feedback Score

Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 ever being released..?

What's the deal? Anyone know if Raven Concealment is ever going to get around to releasing their "Vanguard 2" holster..?
    There have been multiple posts on their Facebook page and gun forums saying basically "any day now, next month (months ago), soon, after some legal stuff is worked out, etc."
    - but I'm starting to think that there is either an issue with the design, or they may not have exclusively developed the design on their own and are caught up in patent/copyright-issues... but these are just guesses that come to mind, as historically, that's usually the case whenever a product that people are waiting for and that's obviously going to sell some units has trouble making it to market...

I'm getting tired of waiting for Raven, and still hope they get it out... but I'm sure like a few other potential customers out there, I'd be happy to buy a similar design from Blade-Tech or Comp-Tac (at probably a lower price-point) if Raven can't get it together.

Hate to sound like such a jerk, but I just would like to get one, and am pretty sure that having a successful pre-release and then dragging feet for months isn't usually the way products of any kind are brought to market.
    Last edited by ck1; 05-28-12 at 01:46.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have wondered the same thing. I remember seeing that Raven just needed to work our some legal issues then it would be ready in the coming weeks but still nothing. I hope there are no problems and they get it released, I really want to use it for summer. Raven has there own forum here, maybe post the question there.

Feedback Score
    Having stated the above; part of me is wondering if they aren't actually chasing their tail trying to lock-up some patent/copyright stuff instead of just making and selling the product..?

We all have our favorite/preferred brands/makers, but can how you form kydex and attach it to a belt-loop with a Chicago screw really even be copyrighted..? I mean most of us probably own a few kydex holsters that are different, but that look and work nearly the same, basically clones that are pretty much made the same way and out of the same stuff... never heard of any lawsuits about it..?

Maybe I should have started a thread asking any custom kydex makers if they might make me one, or better yet, should I already be out making space in my garage for a few second-hand ovens and ordering kydex sheets and hardware online...

Sorry if the tone of my posts seem curt, it just isn't all that often when I see a product where I'm like "cool, I want to buy one" and then can't, for months...
    Last edited by ck1; 05-28-12 at 02:19.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Trust that we are working every day to get the VG2 ready and we do not want to do a full launch until it is just right. We learned a few things from our pre-sale, have made improvements, and now we're just getting the final details taken care of.

Believe me, we aren't looking at the incoming requests and sitting back saying "we don't want your money." We're on the home stretch.
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    Tom, thanks for the update, and also thanks for not getting ticked off with my bitching.

Looking forward to picking one (or a few) up as soon as they're released. IMHO I think you guys have got great idea that should be a brisk selling product on your hands.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Tom,

I got on of your pre-sale VG2's. What improvements are being made on the newer versions?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Tom,

I got on of your pre-sale VG2's. What improvements are being made on the newer versions?
    If details can be posted publicly, I'd like to know this as well. Looking forward to getting one once it's finally released.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Tom,

The material has been tweaked a bit. It isn't something that is a drastic difference from the pre-sale versions. My G19 is riding in one of the pre-sale ones as I type this.

The updated ones should fit a wider variety of Glock frames with proper retention. There is a lot of variance in frame size from Glock (even within generations).
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm very happy with mine and it's perfect when I need one for deep concealment.

If it's not out yet it's for a reason and RCS won't put out shit gear just to fill the needs of the masses, which is greatly appreciated.

In the world of clones in the kydex world these days I can only think of two, maybe three companies out there that are making quality kit, and RCS is one of the best.

I can remember a company in the recent past that would "pre-release" gear and then it would be a year or more before it would even come close to a full production release. RCS waiting a few months to make sure it's just right is not anything to bitch about. Especially in an open forum.

RCS has some of the best representation here on M4C and we see a lot about the inner workings and new projects that they have going. Let's not sour that because we want something NOW.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    I've been eager to try this holster (if it can be called that? It seems like only 1/8th of a holster ) and given that its an injection-molded, one-size-fits-all design, I'm hoping lead times will be shorter (or non-existent, that'd be great too) on the VG2.

Also, any idea as to price point?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast