Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Looking to get a "guard" dog

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IYAAYASwarrior View Post
    I live on Barksdale AFB
    I looked into the Petsmart training program and my wife and I felt the cost was too high for what was explained to us as somewhat minimal training. I am not saying I am going to stray away from good training due to cost, rather stray away from "commercialized" training and opt in for a smaller. more personal class. The Petsmart program looks to be a decent program--so no knocking on it for those that have used it. I am looking for something more.
    Ha "Barksdale", that cracks me up since we're talking about dogs

Did a little google-fu and found some links that might help - no afflilation just trying to help.

http://www.redriverobedience.org/

http://www.oakgrovetc.com/home.cfm

http://www.superdog.com/trainer%20pa...louisiana.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

7 Months 3 weeks-68 lbs.

I felt it was an appropriate pic prior to the AFC Championship game...She too is a fan of the Hometown team
    Last edited by IYAAYASwarrior; 01-15-13 at 17:08.

Feedback Score
    Blue Heeler,
    Loyal to the death. Tougher then shit. Smart. And super protective.

My wife and I have came to the conclusion that ours has met the limit of people he is ever going to like. Which is about 15... people.

Very pack minded. And you are the leader.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sweet progress.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sweet - she's a great looking dog. I've enjoyed following her journey with you... Couldn't resist my favorite pic in her Russian guard dog hatski

Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post

Feedback Score

Re: Looking to get a "guard" dog

Feedback Score
    IMO the problem wih dogs is and I am a dog owner and own horses and when I had lots of land had cows grazing .
    1] Most breeds of dogs are bred into STUPIDITY and POOR HEALTH and DURABILITY TRAITS by back yard breeders and mass production breeders.,don't get me started in horse breeding.
    2] Dogs are easy to get around by many means if there is the will.
    3] A really great dog is usually way too hard to find and sometimes expensive to buy. I have had 1 super dog and I compare all dogs to her.
    4] There is nothing worse than an expensive back yard bred dog that has bad hips, allergies, epipepsy,skin disorders breathing problems and is just plain stupid etc.
    4] There is nothing worse than an expensive back yard bred dog that has bad hips, allergies, epipepsy,skin disorders breathing problems and is just plain stupid etc.
    Last edited by SteveS; 01-24-13 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    IMO the problem wih dogs is and I am a dog owner and own horses and when I had lots of land had cows grazing .
    1] Most breeds of dogs are bred into STUPIDITY and POOR HEALTH and DURABILITY TRAITS by back yard breeders and mass production breeders.,don't get me started in horse breeding.
    2] Dogs are easy to get around by many means if there is the will.
    3] A really great dog is usually way too hard to find and sometimes expensive to buy. I have had 1 super dog and I compare all dogs to her.

1] We aren't really talking about most breeds here.
    2] Is there anything that isn't true of??
    3] Can be difficult/expensive, yes.
    4] Know where/who you are buying from. Due diligence.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inbowhunter713 View Post
    i just hope that open carry is legal in that dog's state.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just wanted to say that this thread has been very helpful for me. When I have a work/schedule change that will give me more time at home I will be getting a dog and there was a lot of knowledgeable advice in here, thanks!

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast