Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One trigger pull....two rounds fired..AK47

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That’s where I was going with my question. I have only had two AK’s and both would double if I was shooting off of the bench.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave29 View Post
    Probably been discussed but went to the range today. Fired off about 60 rounds and had 4 double taps. Yikes!!! Should I worry about this? If so, is there a fix?
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    What rifle is doing this and what FCG is in it?
    Is your fire control group marked "Tapco USA"?

If this is a true double fire I would not shoot that sucker again until the FCG is replaced with a new Tapco FCG. Most likely someone messed with the hammer/trigger/sear surfaces and you're getting hammer follow as a result...

Feedback Score
    I've seen number of AK style rifles (kbk AK, Hunter, Beryl) that doubled when shooter went prone with rifle supported and tried to shoot for accuracy (also happened to me with my Mini Beryl). All this with factory triggers. In all cases when shooter pulled stock against shoulder doubling ceased to occur.

When shooting in kneeling or standing position (unsupported) shooters tend to have solid grip on rifle, this prevent rifle from "bouncing" against trigger finger. When shooting slowly with rifle supported in prone or from the bench and trying to be gentle for accuracy, it is very easy to bump fire. Especially because most AK rifles use strong trigger return spring.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Maybe you were dealing with an AN-94.

Feedback Score
    Well...thanks everyone for your comments. I'll try non bench rest and see what happens. Great that so many people responded.
    Best
    dave29

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had this happen to my old Saiga 308 once. My buddy, a novice, was shooting it. Off the bench, shouldered. I had turned away for a sec and heard 2 shoots go off real fast. I turned around and he had this "Holly Shit" look on his face. I field stripped it and looked it over. Everything seemed normal and it never did that again. I think he inadvertently bump fired it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seeing how the bolt has a free floating firing pin like the sks, is there any chance it may need and cosmo or debirs removed and cleaned? I've never had an ak slam-fire like I have with an sks, but it may be possible. Check and see if you haven't yet.

Feedback Score
    I've fired the gun many times. All is cleaned after every session. I think the bench and bump fire is the answer.
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12